When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Top 10 Rated 5500 watt generator in 2022 Comparison Table
- Plenty of Power – With 5,500 starting watts and 4,500 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 224cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools.
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs.
- Low Oil Shutoff – Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low.
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, and (1) 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries.
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 5500-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 1.2-quarts of oil and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Fuel Safety Switch – Our patented fuel selector switch allows for quick and safe switching between fuel sources
- Intelligauge – Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
- Outlets – One 120/240V 30A locking outlet (L14-30R) and four 120V 20A GFCI protected household outlets (5-20R)
- Champion Support – includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, USB outlets, a front-facing fuel interface, and DuroMax’s exclusive MX2 switch that harnesses the generator's full power by combining the two 19-amp 120-volt circuits into one powerhouse 38-amp circuit. The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 210cc OHV-V DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes two 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet
- Digital readout helps manage oil changes and maintenance schedule
- Features electric start, low-oil shutdown, an automatic voltage regulator and overload protection to maximize safety
- CARB and EPA III meet requirements for sale in all 50 states
- Includes wheel kit and foldable handles for easy transport
- 223cc engine provides 4,750 surge watt and 3,750 rated watt
- Switch between gasoline (4750 surge watts, 3800 running watt) and propane (4350 surge, 3500 running) with the simple turn of the selection dial
- Voltage easily goes from 120V to 240V, perfect for transfer switches and emergency backup
- Electric start powers the 224cc 4-stroke OHV engine with the turn of a key
- 4-gallon tank provides up to 11 hours of half load run time
- Includes two 120V GFCI outlets (5-20R), a 120V/240V NEMA 30A twist lock (L14-30R), a 12V DC cigarette-lighter-style plug, a bottle of oil, a wheel and handle kit, a 47-inch LPG connection hose, and a 2-year warranty
- WIRELESS REMOTE START: Start and stop with ease from up to 80 feet away with the included wireless remote key fob – push-button power and convenience like never before
- ULTRA-POWERFUL: At 9375 starting watts and 7500 running watts, enjoy up to 8 hours of run time on a full tank of gasoline with a noise level of 74 dBA from 23 feet
- ELECTRIC START: Trust the reliable 420cc Champion engine with its battery-included electric start featuring a 3-way ignition switch, plus built-in Cold Start Technology for easy starts in cold weather
- COVERED OUTLETS: 120/240V 30A locking, 120/240V 50A RV, four 120V 20A GFCI - Volt Guard built-in surge protector prevents overloads and keeps your appliances and equipment safe
- CHAMPION SUPPORT: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Keep your family safe with 9500 starting watts and 7500 running watts of power
- Remote electric start allows users to turn the generator on and off from up to 160 feet away
- Transfer-switch-ready 30-amp 120V/240V NEMA L14-30R outlet perfect for emergency backup
- Packed panel includes four standard 120V 15-amp outlets, one RV-ready 120V 30-amp TT-30R outlet, one 12V DC outlet, one L14-30R outlet, and a digital readout
- Features an EPAIII and CARB compliant 420cc 4-stroke engine, a wheel and handle kit, a 6-gallon gas tank, a spark arrestor, low-oil shutdown, and a two-year warranty
- Quiet technology and extended run time: 69 dba noise level is great for your next project or home backup, with 6250 starting watts and 5000 running watts for up to 12.5 hours run time on gasoline
- Advanced open frame inverter design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 5000-watt generator
- Clean power and economy mode: confidently connect your sensitive electronics and save fuel
- Intelligauge: Monitor voltage, frequency and operating hours with ease; Frequency: 60 Hz
- Champion Support: includes 3-year limited Warranty with free lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
- Plenty of Power – With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 2 120V household GFCI outlets and 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
Our Best Choice: Generac G0071540 GP3300i Portable Inverter Generator, Orange, Black
[ad_1] The Generac GP3300i inverter showcasing innovative PowerRush™ technological innovation delivers about 50 percent more beginning capability for your RV essentials and other motor-pushed equipment—so you can do extra with fewer.* The GP3300i options duplex shops, a 30A twistlock outlet and USB ports for straightforward connection and quiet inverter ability, perfect for outside actions in a compact and light-weight answer.
PowerRush Innovative Technological innovation delivers above 50% a lot more setting up potential letting you to do additional with less. *Boosts electrical present upon desire previously mentioned rated output when starting electric powered motors
Tranquil Inverter Electricity decreases seem emissions and supplies optimum performance. Financial state mode instantly adjusts motor velocity to help you save gasoline and lower sound emissions
TruePower Engineering gives clean up, stable electrical power best for sensitive electronics, tools and appliances. Parallel Completely ready to hook up two GP3300i inverter generators for two times the electrical power (Parallel package bought separately)
Quick to Have – compact & lightweight style and design with built-in cope with helps make transportation straightforward. Generator Statud Lights – visible alerts when unit is minimal on oil, overloaded or prepared to use
PowerDial – Choke, Operate, Off: a few operation options built-in into a single uncomplicated-to-use dial. USB Ports to demand mobile devices including good telephones and tablets