When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Rated bushman axe by les stroud in 2022 Comparison Table
- Our Best Choice: Helle Knives – Mandra – Triple Laminated Stainless Steel Fixed Blade – Curly Birch Wood & Vulcan Fiber – Leather Sheath – Field Knife for Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Men & Women – Made in Norway
- Helle Mandra – Traditional Field Knife
- The past is always with us.
- A small piece of our heritage.
- Trust and Familiarity.
- Individuality enhances it.
- Built to last
Top 10 Rated bushman axe by les stroud in 2022 Comparison Table
- Leather Axe Sheath Beautiful Bushcraft Style
- Cowhide Leather
- Custom made-to-order product
- Crafted in Spokane, WA USA
- Ideal for chopping kindling and small- to medium-sized logs
- Chops deeper with each swing to get more done faster
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Proprietary blade-grinding technique provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts
- Lifetime warranty. Low-friction blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting stuck
- FORGED IN ONE PIECE – The most durable, longest lasting striking tools available
- OUTDOOR VERSITILITY - Perfect for chopping logs, small trees & branches or splitting firewood & kindling
- HEAVY DUTY SHEATH - Includes ballistic nylon sheath to protect hand sharpened cutting edge
- GENUINE LEATHER GRIP – Hand sanded and lacquered for a durable yet comfortable finish
- MADE IN THE USA – Our tools are proudly crafted in Rockford, IL using the finest American steel
- Length with handle: 19 inch, Comes original Gransfors "Axe-book"
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Sheath in vegetable tanned leather
- Perfect for splitting small sticks or cutting limbwood
- The Small Forest Axe is excellent for felling trees and limbing
- Dimensions: 11.1 inch (28.1 centimeter) overall length with a blade length of 3.6 inches (9 centimeter) and a weight of 1 pounds 5.9 ounces
- Durable: Blade is made of reliable 3Cr13 S.S with a black, rubber wrapped handle
- Dependable: Quick and easy access with the convenient black thermoplastic belt sheath
- Secure: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the ergonomic black rubber grip
- Be prepared: Axe features a hammer pommel and has a full tang design
- Full tang bushcraft knife made of carbon steel with leather case Razor-sharp durable fixed blade has a true scandi grind. The camp knife is sharp out of the box
- BPS Knives Leather Sheath with Fire Steel Loop for Fixed Blade Knife for Bushcraft Outdoor Camping Survival Camp Activities Leather sheath for fixed blade knife with 1/3" ferro rod loop. Camping knife leather sheath with Firesteel 8mm. Survival Knife case with Fire Starter loop
- Vertical Carrying Brown Leather Dangler Sheath with Belt Loop Design for Knives up to 9 inch Length
- Fire steel survival sheath. Crafted sheath for survival. Hunting Knife. Outdoor knife sheath with Fire steel. Brown best genuine leather sheath with fire steel
- Scandinavian Knife Scandi Grind - Full Tang Bushcraft Knife with Leather Sheath - Camping Outdoor Fixed Blade Carbon Steel Knife with Leather Case - Bush Camp Gear Wood Handle Knife. The knife blade is coated with gun oil, please wipe it off before using for the first time
- 【35 in 1 first aid survival kit】- 35 in 1 professional emergency survival kits with essential tools, Containing: survival knife, Compass, wire saw, water bottle clip, emergency blanket, flint stone, scraper, flashlight, credit card Knife, tactical pen, Paracord bracelet , Whistle, Carabiner, gift bag and black waterproof box, Fishing tools, blow fire tube, Screwdriver, Fire tinder, spoon fork, Band aid, Alcohol Pad
- 【Fathers day Gift Idea for dad men him】 - Funny gift and Christmas Birthday Valentine's Day Gifts idea for Him Husband Men Boyfriend. A nice gift for outdoor adventurers, military personnel, campers, hikers, hunters teen boy scouts or even constant travelers
- 【Life Saving Tools】- Nice variety of cool tools and gadgets has the essentials you need to feel secure when adventuring outdoors. Getting lost, needing a fire, cold or rainy conditions are no longer a problem when you have our life saving tools. Be prepared, be safe, This survival gear military tactical kit is all you need when the unexpected happens
- 【Compact Travel Size Kit】 lightweight & convenient - dimensions is 6. 6 x 4. 3 x 1. 9 inch ( 16. 8 x 11 x 5cm) and weight only 1. 11 pounds. Portable tool case, filled with sponge, waterproof and shockproof. Nice gift bag, So easy to carry, can be placed in a backpack, bug-out kit, cars, hiking, camping gear or simply to keep at home
- ► EASY TO USE: Our Wood Chopping Axe is designed for easy chopping Of Firewood, Logs, Kindling and Branches. The Optimized blade geometry is designed for maximum efficiency to give you more one-strike splits. Ideal for campers, hikers, outdoor activities, preparing wood for bonfires and garden work.
- ► DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: The Forged Carbon Steel Heat Treated blade which improves its density and makes the axe more durable produces smooth, sharp, and quick splits and stays sharp longer than traditional axes. You can count on this Hand Axe to deliver superior, long lasting performance.
- ► ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Our Hatched is Designed with a Shock Absorbing Anti Slip Grip, Cold Resistant Ergonomic Shaped Fiberglass Handle which will reduce the strain on your hand, resists slipping and adds comfort.
- ► RESHARPENABLE BLADE: The Chopping Blade features a fully Polished Finished Edge which can easily be resharpened with a file. The Weighted Wedge design makes chopping logs and firewood a breeze.The good balance between head and shaft creates a superior Camping Axe for safe, comfortable and efficient use.
- ► EASY STORAGE: The blade comes with a Rubber Protective Sheath for safe storage and transport. After use, simply apply the rubber protective cover and hang the Hatchet from the hole that is featured for easy and convenient storage.
- Our Hudson Bay Camp Axe is faithful to historical examples stretching back over 100 years
- Sized to be convenient to carry on every outdoor adventure, it’s an essential tool you won’t want to go into the woods without
- Features our ground breaking clamp-like locking mechanism which is so ruggedly hard to “pull off” that it doubles the industry standard; Possible to change out a broken handle in less than 2 minutes
- Made of tough and durable 1055 carbon steel
- Overall length: 27 inches; Cutting edge length: 4 inches; Overall weight: 44.2 ounces; Head Weight: 23.5 ounces
Our Best Choice: Helle Knives – Mandra – Triple Laminated Stainless Steel Fixed Blade – Curly Birch Wood & Vulcan Fiber – Leather Sheath – Field Knife for Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Men & Women – Made in Norway
From the start in 1932, Helle knives have been made and sold based on the same set of principles of honesty, hard work and quality. From these principles the Helle philosophy has evolved from the past, place, people and production that is Helle knives.
Helle knife goes through up to 45 different manual operations
Sheaths are made of specially tanned leather
Uses wood of curly grained birch
Helle Mandra – Traditional Field Knife
Each Helle knife is different because we want it to be, but they all share the same philosophy.
We are very proud to present the Mndra, developed by Helle and Les Stroud – “Survivor man”. In order to perfect the design of this Helle knife, we travelled to the raw, remote and overwhelmingly beautiful country of Romania working alongside Les Stroud on his latest Survivor man episodes.
Handmade in Holemdal, Norway since 1932.
Handle Length = 3. 1″(80 mm).
Blade Length = 2. 7″(69 mm).
Blade Thickness = . 10″(2. 6 mm).
Genuine Leather Sheath Included. Designed by Les Stroud in 2015.
The past is always with us.
Instead of working against history, Helle has prospered and thrived from embracing it. This is represented in our knives. Many are based on traditional designs, and we treasure the handmade finishes that have been the hallmark of Helle knives throughout history. The past is always with us as we embrace the future.
A small piece of our heritage.
The fjords, mountains and rugged climate are not an obstacle, but rather an inspiration. The remote location and small community of Holmedal is not a source of limitation, but a source of strength and identity. Each time we send a Helle knife out into the world, we bring a small piece of our heritage along with it.
Trust and Familiarity.
Family tradition is not just at the management level, we have second- and third generation factory workers as well. We treasure our tight-knit community, and that feeling of trust and familiarity transmits to the products we produce.
Individuality enhances it.
No two Helle knives are exactly the same because each receive individual treatment by human hands. For us individuality does not come at the expense of quality, but rather enhances it. By finishing each blade individually, we are able to bring out the best of the place, past, people and production facilities at Helle.
Built to last
Three generations of hands are working diligently to produce knives at our factory in Holmedal. They work in tandem with three generations of machinery. An original Helle knife goes through up to 45 different manual operations before it passes through our quality control procedure.
Carefully selected materials
Good craftsmanship requires the ability to create handle shapes which are consistent with the blade, fit comfortably in the hand, and add character to the knife. In most handles, we use the hard and beautifully structured wood of curly grained birch, alone or in combination with matching materials, such as leather and stag horn.
The Sheath – the Nordic way
Our sheaths are made of specially tanned leather, and treated with saddle grease for increased lustre and durability. The particular shape of the Norwegian sheath bears evidence of long-time functional development and at the same time, it enhances the quality of the knife.
The steel in Helle knives is unique
The differences between a Helle knife and other knives are many. The biggest difference lies in our triple laminated stainless steel blade. The core is made of high alloy steel which gives it a lasting, razor-sharp edge. This harder layer cannot however exclude the threat of rust or breakage.
Triple laminated stainless steel
Triple layered laminated stainless steel blade
Triple Laminated Carbon Steel
Triple laminated stainless steel
Birch, staghorn and leather
Curly Birch, American Walnut, and leather
Curly Birch, Antler and leather
Curly birch and vulcan fibre
HANDCRAFTED QUALITY: Helle Outdoor Knives are handcrafted, high quality knives made in Norway since 1932. Our knives are built to last, and our philosophy is based on the principles of honesty, hard work and quality.
BLADE DETAILS: Triple laminated stainless steel is unique to our knife blades. Two layers of tough stainless steel (18/8) protect the blade against breakage and corrosion, while the high carbon core provides a superb cutting edge.
HANDLE MATERIAL: Made from curly birch wood and vulcan fiber. We use natural materials in our handles, and each Helle Knife has its own unique look.
DIMENSIONS: Handle Length 3.1″ (80 mm), Blade Length 2.7″ (69 mm), Blade Thickness .10″ (2.6 mm).
INCLUDES SHEATH: Genuine leather sheath included. Designed by Les Stroud in 2015.