When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Top 10 Best gransfors bruks scandinavian forest axe in 2022 Comparison Table
- Length with handle: 25 inch, Item-ID: 430
- Weight: 2.6 lbs
- Sheath in vegetable tanned leather
- Comes with Original Gransfors Axebook
- Made in Sweden
- Included in this Sunny Vale's Bundle Money Saver are:
- A. Gränsfors Bruk SCANDINAVIAN FOREST AXE (p/n: 430) - a forester’s axe, lightweight for prolonged use but powerful. Excellent for felling larger trees and limbing. Length with handle: 25" (63cm); Head weight: 2 lb (0.9 kg); Total weight: 2.6 lb (1.2 kg); Cutting edge: 3½" (89mm). Supplied sharp with a protective leather sheath and a copy of "The Axe Book" (in English).
- B. Gränsfors Bruk CERAMIC GRINDING STONE (p/n: 4034) - Man-made of ceramic abrasives with two grinding faces: a course side (180 grit) for repairing damage and heavy wear, and a fine side (600 grit) for sharpening. Diameter: 2.2” (57 mm); Weight: 6.5 oz (160g). Does NOT require honing oil and can be used with water or dry. Chamfered edges to prevent chipping.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Gransfors 20-YEAR guarantee covers only the AXE HEAD against manufacturing defects. Also, in March 2017 Gransfors abandoned using the steel wedge in all their axes (except splitting range).
- Gränsfors AMERICAN FELLING AXE - a professional axe for those who want to work in the forest in the traditional way. The axe is ideal for felling very large trees, thanks to its long, broad edge of 4½”.
- This is the 31" (79cm) CURVED HANDLE version (MPN: 434-1) - forged to a curved bit, making it suitable for cutting into fresh, resinous wood such as spruce or pine. The heavy head and long handle also give considerable power to the cut. The axe is almost twice as heavy as the Scandinavian Forest Axe (430).
- Cutting Edge: 4½" (115mm), Head Weight: 3.3 lb (1.5 kg), Weight with Handle: 5.3 lb (2.4 kg) Length with Handle 31” (79cm)
- Comes with a full-grain, vegetable-tanned leather sheath and Gransfors Bruks "The Axe Book".
- Backed by a 20-year manufacturer’s warranty. PLEASE NOTE: In March 2017 Gransfors announced that they abandon the steel wedge on all their axes (with the exception of Splitting Axes for now). Please see the full announcement in one of the images to the left.
- Gränsfors Bruk SMALL SPLITTING AXE (p/n: 441) - Excellent for splitting medium-sized firewood. The handle has a protective steel collar below the axe head and circular grooves towards the end for an extra firm grip.
- Length with handle: 23¼" (59cm); Head weight: 2½lb (1.15kg); Total weight: 35½"lb (1.6kg); Cutting edge: 2½" (63mm).
- Forged and ground to a concave, quite thin blade at the bit so it cuts quickly and easily into the wood and then effectively splits it as the broader section pushes apart the wood. Comes sharp with a protective leather sheath.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Gransfors 20-YEAR guarantee covers only the AXE HEAD against manufacturing defects. Also, this axe does not have a hardened poll and should NOT be used for striking a wedge or as a wedge. The Axe Book may be in Swedish or German, in which case the English version PDF is available from us on request.
- Cowhide Leather
- Custom made-to-order product
- Crafted in Spokane, WA USA
- Length with handle: 19 inch, Comes original Gransfors "Axe-book"
- Weight: 2 lbs
- Sheath in vegetable tanned leather
- Perfect for splitting small sticks or cutting limbwood
- The Small Forest Axe is excellent for felling trees and limbing
- Drake Off Road Tools 2.5" face
- 14.75" hickory handle
- Head weight - 1 lb
- Full grain-leather sheath - Included
- The "Axe Book" - Included
- 5 1/2 ib. Head
- Length with handle: 80 cm (31.5”)
- Weight: 3,2 kg (7 lb)
- Sheath in vegetable-tanned leather
- 2 lb.
- 2 1/4" Face
- 19" Hickory Handle
- Grain-Leather Sheath
- Steel collars
- The axe head is hand forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings..
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements.The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
Our Best Choice: Jack Pyke Argyll Smock Moss Green
[ad_1] Challenging putting on and practical Jack Pyke Argyll is a cozy, head more than type smock with robust a few-layer development and four really purposeful pockets with watertight zips. Produced of comfortable and silent Polyester brushed tricot with laminated membrane and mesh, the Smock also functions baffled front fifty percent zip underneath the press-stud storm flap and removable hood with drawstring and adjustable peak. Also, a mid-midsection drawstring, extended and shaped decreased front and rear hem and Hook and Loop adjustable outer cuffs with Neoprene internal cuff bands provide customised suit and added defense towards aspects. Water-resistant, windproof and breathable Argyll Smock is ideal for hunting, fishing, wildlife images and general outdoor have on.
Is Discontinued By Maker : No
Package deal Proportions : 14.33 x 13.07 x 4.65 inches 2.2 Lbs .
Product product range : Jack Pyke
Department : Mens
Date Initially Obtainable : May perhaps 24, 2017
Manufacturer : Jack Pyke
ASIN : B01MQNIGQD
Watertight, windproof and breathable head around type smock with additional duration and baffled entrance fifty percent zip
Sturdy a few layer design. Detachable hood with drawstring and adjustable peak
Two higher crossover pockets. Two lessen angled pockets. All pockets with weatherproof zips and zip garages
Neoprene internal cuff bands. Hook and Loop adjustable outer cuffs. Midsection drawstring
Materials: 100% Polyester brushed tricot with laminated membrane and mesh. Minimum water-resistant rating 10,000mm. Minimum amount breathability score 5,000g/24hr/m2