Hi, to all hobbyists and technicians welcome, take a breather and relax. Maybe you have been looking for a multimeter that works well. My multimeter broke two months ago and has bought myself a Velleman DVM850BL. After reading various customer reviews and evaluating the prices, I ordered myself one and very surprised with it, as I am not that clued up with the Velleman brand.
Since I have been using it, I am pleased with what it has to offer when working with electrical appliances as I do repairs to various kitchen appliances for people.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
Table of Contents
Velleman DVM850BL Digital Multimeter Review
What there is to love about this multimeter?
When I received the DVM850BL multimeter, I had my doubts about using it, but must tell you if you are looking for a Velleman DVM850BL discount price Amazon is the place to buy it from at an affordable price you cannot go wrong with buying it.
Since I have used it, I found some great features on this meter. Firstly, when I received the meter I found it very light compared to other digital multimeters and great to use around the house or amateur use. The meter is small enough and handy to carry around with me wherever I go. It looks like a toy and should attract most youngsters to use at school for their project requirements.
Measures all basic parameters
I found that using the Velleman DVM850BL digital multimeter I could measure all electrical parameters. When using to measure alternating and direct currents I could measure up to 600 volts. The high limit in measuring current is only 10 amperes. When measuring resistance there are ranges available on the model and they are 200, 2K, 20K, 200K, and 2MΏ.
Another great feature I found to be handy when using is the data hold facility and the backlit light option of the display as there are times when reading measurements become challenging when you do not have sufficient lighting. It even comes with a continuity confirmation buzzer on the DMM.
The LCD display is big enough to see all measurements read even in low lighting. To be honest, I have used it with many appliances from computers and electronics, household appliances I repair, tested batteries with it, continuity testing with the annoying buzzing sound works, automotive, you name it and I have tested it. Even the millivolt, milliamp works perfect when tested.
When compared to my old one that broke this one works perfectly fine enough for a Velleman DVM850BL discount price bought.
With the Velleman DVM850BL, I received a nine-volt battery to power up all the functions of the multimeter and included in the price. I also received a holster with the multimeter, one set of test leads, and important safety information regarding the instrument.
- The instrument comes with a 3 ½ LCD display, and DMM automatic polarity functions
- Can measure volts, current, and resistance
- You can test diode transistors and continuity testing with a buzzer
- It has data-hold function and backlight for reading in darker lighting
- Comes with protective holder
- The unit is CAT II 600V safe
- The instrument can also measure capacitance, inductance, frequency, and basic temperature accuracy
- Comes with low battery indication
- The unit also has auto power off function
|power supply||1 x 9V 6LR61 battery (incl.)|
|dimensions||68 x 138 x 30mm|
|LCD display size||45 x 18mm|
- Great for using on basic voltage and current measurements
- It is small enough to fit in my pocket and take if everywhere with me
- The continuance tester is accurate
- I have dropped it with no breakage so durable, it’s even got wet in the rain and still working
- The backlight is nice, and the dial feels great and easy to turn while locking firmly into place
- The little stand is handy and sturdy
- The only negative thing I found was when I opened up the package it had a strong smell to it, but by using it has died down so not that bad at all
If you are looking for an affordable multimeter that works every time, even after being dropped, getting wet, and to use with most electronic equipment from computers to automotive then I suggest you buy yourself a Velleman DVM850BL digital multimeter. I have been impressed with mine and am going to buy myself a spare one to keep at home and take the other one with me on the road when travelling to do repairs.