When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Do you know why it is important to have the best 22lr scope for your .22 rifle? Here’s why.
Through the years the .22 long rifle (.22lr) remains to be the favorite among game and sport shooters. Though it lacks the velocity of the higher caliber rifles, it is still is the safest and most accurate guns among long rifle varieties for beginners. However, to make shooting more accurate with .22lr, this must be paired with the best 22lr scope.
If your goal is to master your shooting on long range, choosing the wrong scope for your .22 rifle can limit your experience with your rifle. So it is imperative that when you choose your 22lr scope make sure it has powerful magnification, must be light and handy, with adjustable objective and reticle and has the right lens size for your accurate view.
Here we are showing you the best 22lr scopes to make you enjoy your practice shooting. These will also help you improve your accuracy with small game animals using your basic rifle.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 .22lr Scopes for 2020
- 1. Leupold 113872 VX-1 Rimfire Scope with Fine Duplex Reticle, Matte Black Finish
- 2. Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope, Black
- 3. Nikon P- RIMFIRE 2-7×32 Nikoplex Rifle Scope, Black
- 4. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7X32 Plex Rimfire
- 5. BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm Duplex reticle Rifle Scope
Top 5 .22lr Scopes for 2020
1. Leupold 113872 VX-1 Rimfire Scope with Fine Duplex Reticle, Matte Black Finish
If you’re up for target shooting starting with those bottles or beer cans, this Leupold VX-1 scope can be your best 22lr scope. This is actually the best choice because of its precision with small targets. With a lockable, fast-focus eyepiece, you can securely lock your target whenever you set your reticle right on focus.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
Featured with a Ballistics Aiming System (BAS), it will provide you a series of aiming points to help you improve your shooting and get accurate at distant ranges as you progresses.
With an eyepiece length of 2.86 inches and a field of view at 100 yards, you can easily see moving varmints without straining your eye. To minimize reflections especially when there’s bright light, its multicoated lens can significantly decreases the amount of light that reaches your eye.
Leupold has been manufacturing optics since the 1900s and with this background we can trust this product to be reliable and efficient.
- With Multicoat 4® lens system to help decrease the light reflections even under bright light.
- Uses Quantum Optical System to match lens coatings and to maximize the lens with very sharp imaging regardless of all light conditions.
- 3:1 zoom ratio.
- Elevation dials marked in ¼ MOA (Minute of Angle).
- Lead free.
- Filled with proprietary nitrogen to prevent fogging.
- Made of aircraft quality aluminum.
- Equipped with durable lens to protect itself from dirt and internal damages.
- Magnification: 2-7X
- Reticle: Fine Duplex
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Objective: 28mm
- Eye relief: 3.5-3.1 inch
- Lead Free
- Warranty: Check manufacturer’s website.
- Overpriced for an average scope.
2. Nikon P-RIMFIRE BDC 150 Rifle Scope, Black
This Nikon 2-7×32 riflescope is featured with multiple layers of anti-reflective compound lens to get that excellent light transmission and brightness. With spring-loaded, zero-reset turrets, these provide you the basic field adjustments. Its BDC 150 reticle will also make aiming for targets more precise from 50 up to 150 yards.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Designed to be compatible with Spot On custom turrets, its 3.8” eye relief also help in providing more precision during magnification adjustments.
To make it fog and waterproof, lens are made with multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds. The scope is also filled with nitrogen and O-ring sealed. And with ¼”, tactical-style hand-turn adjustments with a positive click design, this will help you to zero on targets and maintain its setting in spite of heavy recoil.
- Compatible with standard Spot On turrets.
- With 3.8” eye relief for better precision when adjusting magnifications.
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for totally fog and waterproof performance.
- Treated with DiamondCoat for maximum abrasion resistant and polish is of beautiful matt finish.
- 50-yard parallax setting.
- BDC 150 reticle that provides open-circle points for 50 to 150 yards.
- Field of view: 6.4 – 22.3 at 50 yards
- Objective: 32mm
- Eye relief: 3.8 inches.
- Made of polymer aluminum
- Waterproof and fog-proof
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Hard to get hold of zero setting.
3. Nikon P- RIMFIRE 2-7×32 Nikoplex Rifle Scope, Black
This P-Rimfire Riflescope is also considered as the ultimate scope by many .22 gun owners who prefer the “dial-in” scopes. This is an excellent example of the best 22lr scope capable of long distance reach. Designed for accurate fast sighting speed, it uses the Nikoplex reticle and Nikon’s Rapid Action Turret system. With these, it it will help you to zero-in on a target and adjust the elevation turret on the right range.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
With 50-yard parallax setting, this reduces parallax to obtain a more precise shooting target. And with a generous eye relief of 3.8 inches, this could be the best .22lr scope for those who wear glasses.
The lens of this scope are actually made of Nikon Eco-glass lenses with multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds. This means its lenses don’t have any arsenic or lead compound in it. Also, they don’t produce reflections even you use them under bright light conditions.
- Best for shooters who are into “dial-in” scopes which are more capable for long distance reach.
- Lens are made of multiple layers of anti-reflective Eco-glass lenses.
- Offers precise ¼ inch at 50 yard target.
- Highly defined optics with reliable and accurate adjustments.
- With easy field adjustment.
- 50 yard parallax setting.
- Eye relief: 3.8 inches.
- No lead and arsenic.
- Nitrogen sealed and O-ring sealed to make it ultimate fog-proof and waterproof.
- Highly suitable for S&W M&P AR- 15/22.
- Takes time to zero in.
- Not for those who prefer cross hair reticle.
4. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7X32 Plex Rimfire
To make the Vortex more competitive and become your best 22lr scope, this Crossfire riflescope was redesigned to surpass the performance standards of other scopes on its price range. It has a longer eye relief, faster focus eyepiece and more improved multi-coated lenses.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
It also has a resettable MOA (Minute of Angle) turret for more optimal performance in the field. Made with tough anodized aircraft-grade aluminum tube, it is nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to ensure lifetime waterproofing and fog-proof performance all throughout.
The Vortex Crossfire II is proud of its features but it is also sleeker with new style. With an aim to continuously outperform other products that are also popular, its 1-inch diameter single tube already make a difference. This can maximize alignment for the greatest accuracy at highest visual performance.
Coated with hard, scratch resistant coating to protect its exterior lenses from dirt and scratches, this can retain its handsome black finish and accuracy for a very long time.
- With multi-coated lenses and anti-reflective coating to deliver excellent light and produce clarity at its best.
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to ultimately render it waterproof and fog-proof.
- Tube size: 1-inch diameter.
- Tube is made of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength, durability and rigidity.
- Coated with highly durable low-glare matte finish best for camouflaging during hunting.
- With capped reset turrets that allows re-indexing the turret to zero and for protection.
- Warranty: Covered by Vortex’s VIP Lifetime warranty.
- Doesn’t have a focus knob for the parallax or objective lens.
- Reticle is too thick for precision shooting.
5. BSA Sweet .22 3-9x40mm Duplex reticle Rifle Scope
For those who find joy in shooting varmints, you may really like this scope. It is very easy to adjust, can easily get the hang of it and can find it easy to mount. With an adjustable 40 mm objective and specific trajectory compensation, you can easily focus your sights even to the smallest backyard and garden furry pests. Also, you can have a greater field of view at 100 yards once you aim at your target with its 3-inch eye relief.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
The BSA Optics Sweet 22 is not actually a basic scope. It can be your reliable scope for your hunting trips on all types of weather. Designed to be fog-proof, waterproof and shockproof, it can also resist recoils and remained stable. Made of strong material you can crawl with it when trying to snipe on small varmints.
To make it more useful, it is also featured with a manual adjustable elevation and windage so you can adjust it using only your two fingers.
Some owners say they can hit their targets up to 175 yards with this scope. The quick-change turret system with three drums is also an advantage if you want to use the 36, 38 and 40 grain type bullets.
- With .22 specific trajectory compensation and adjustable objectives.
- Comes with separate interchangeable turrets for all .22 loads.
- Magnification objective: 40mm
- Exit pupil: 10.8 to 3.6 mm
- Field of view: 100 yards.
- Eye relief: 3-inch
- Precision lens are multicoated to reduce glare and to provide you with a clear shot.
- With ¼ MOA reticle that can be adjusted easily and to keep it to zero even it’s not mounted.
- Comes with a BSA standard 30/30 reticle.
- Trajectory compensation from 50-175 yards that can provide you great accuracy.
- With adjustable parallax setting.
- Robustly built and designed to be durable.
- Warranty: lifetime warranty
- Cross hairs sometimes not 100 percent accurate.
For those who want to practice their shooting with basic guns, any of these .22lr scopes could best maximize their mastery with their guns. These 5 scopes all have the quality features anyone would want for their 22 rifles. Basically, all we want with these scopes is their capability to be adjustable in terms of parallax, magnification and being all-weather scopes.
But in spite of all their great qualities, I would enjoy my scope if it would be the Leupold 113872 VX-1 Rimfire Scope with Fine Duplex Reticle. First, it has its lockable quick focus eyepiece that I can lock my target in an instant.
Second with its BAS, I could adjust and improve my aim which I need before I get a bigger gun for my hunting hobby. And lastly, with its Multicoat lenses, I won’t worry I would not be hitting those small targets because my sensitive eyes got blinded by a glare while I aim.
Leupold scopes are also well-tested. And since the company has been perfecting its craftsmanship with their scope products, I know I am making a good choice with my best 22lr scope.