The best electric smoker is one of the most diverse kitchen products to date because its flexibility and versatility in cooking various food. When smoking food, it can to cooking barbecue at 300 degrees F to cold smoking cheese, vegetables, fish and more at around lower than 60 degrees F. And since it is versatile, there are smokers that are automated and will allow you to select temperatures and times, depending on your preferences and needs.
At this rate, getting the best smoker for the money is very important-especially when summer is coming and family vacations and gatherings will be frequent. We created this article to guide you and help you selecting the best smoker for your cooking.
Table of Contents
- Top 3 rated Electric Smokers on the market
- What are electric smokers?
- How Electric Smokers Work
- Customer Features and Benefits
- Advantages of Electric Smokers
- Top 4 Best Electric Smoker Reviews
- 1. Smokin-It Model #1 – Best electric smoker under 500
- 2. Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley 4-Rack – best electric smoker for beginners
- 3. Masterbuilt 20070512 40-Inch – best electric smoker for the money
- 4. The Bradley 4 Rack – best electric digital smoker to buy in 2016
- BONUS: Best charcoal smoker to buy in 2020
- 5. Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker
- Best Electric Smoker Buying Guide
- Common Features You Should Find
- Electric Smoker Brands
- 10 Easy Steps to Use an Electric Smoker
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
- Step 5
- Step 6
- Step 7
- Step 8
- Step 9
- Step 10
Top 3 rated Electric Smokers on the market
What are electric smokers?
Electric smokers are kitchen devices that let you barbeque without using firewood, charcoal or gas. They use electricity to power their heat sources and offer a very clean way of getting barbeques done. Electric smokers are commonly preferred by people who do not want bother themselves with the finer points of barbequing like lighting the coals, turning them or watching over the barbeque continuously.
How Electric Smokers Work
Imagine a coal smoker. You put the coals in, light it and wait for it to turn red hot and reach the right temperature before you start barbecuing. An electric smoker does the same thing except that the heat source is a set of high powered electric coils. Often, electric smokers reach cooking temperatures much faster than coal/firewood smokers and don’t require as much tending and oversight.
Customer Features and Benefits
The electric smoker has a lot of features and benefits that will really help the customer in their cooking and serving great food in parties and gatherings. If you are still in doubt of getting the best electric smoker, here are its general features to guide you:
- It has a remote control do you can set the temperature, timer, internal light and meat temperatures.
- Most electric smokers have cooking racks for cooking meat, chicken, fish, pork and more, usually around 4 to 5.
- It also provides 8 hours of controlled cool smoke and can also go as high as 320 degrees F.
- Some electric smokers have LED display controller for the timer, temperatures and timer so you can easily control it without any hassles.
- Perfect for parties, gatherings, birthdays and other events that involve outdoor cooking and instant eating fresh from the grill.
- It has more than 900 square inches of cooking space to accommodate more types of food.
- Most of the best electric smokers have drip pans and a built in meat probe so you can know the temperature of your food while it cooks.
- The locking door and the inner liner help in keeping the heat and smoky flavor inside so it won’t spread all over the place.
- The smooth operating wood chip loading system allows better smoke control.
- Most smokers have wheels so you can bring it anywhere in your house and cook wherever you prefer.
- Some of the best electric smoker can help you decide how much smoke you want and how long your food is going to be smoked for and at what temperature.
These are just some of its features and benefits that will help your cooking become easy and hassle-free. Know more about electric smokers as you read on.
Advantages of Electric Smokers
Buying an electric smoker has its advantages and we would like you to be knowledgeable about this so you can know better in buying the best electric smoker:
- It’s handy and convenient, since most electric smokers have wheels built in them. You can cook anywhere in the house.
- It produces real heat through electricity instead of from gas, thus more convenient to cook any time of the day. No need to worry about gas running out or putting in charcoals.
- Electric smokers are simple and easy to control, thanks to the digital display and buttons where you can measure the temperature and smoke with just a few clicks and according to your preferences.
- There is more space to cook as it is like a mini-refrigerator and has 4-5 racks to cooks all types of food.
- No more waiting for the electric smoker to warm up because it will immediately do that in just minutes.
- Smoke from the electric smoker will not spread as the locking door will help prevent the smoke from going outside, so you and other people will not be bothered by the smell while cooking.
- You don’t have to worry about gas running out because, since it is an electric smoker, you use electricity in order to cook or heat your food.
- Since most electric smokers are made from innovative and high-tech features, it is hassle-free and less stressful to use. No need to worry about stuff that is experienced in traditional smokers and even seniors/elders will be able to use electric smokers well.
Top 4 Best Electric Smoker Reviews
1. Smokin-It Model #1 – Best electric smoker under 500
If you are interested in BBQ cooking a lot of BBQ food items, I am sure that you will need an electric smoker. If you are looking for the best electric smoker, you can be puzzled because the market has so many types of smokers. However, Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker is something that you should consider.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- Smokin-It Model #1 Electric Smoker never seems to have something wrong with their smokers. The unit produces an immense flavor and it is very easy to use. Cooks can add or remove trays simply. Actually, you can purchase a third rack that will perfectly fit inside of the smoker and also works great when trying to smoke more items at once.
- This model is very easy to move around and it is low enough to place right next to a grill. Indeed, some people can fit this under their grill’s shelves that is an added bonus.
- The insulation on this unit is fantastic and ensures that the temperature is held at a steady rate.
- The added advantage of the drip pan and the sturdy design let this smoker to be almost unbeatable.
- It keeps the exteriors very cool. There are also no problems of burning if the smoker is touched whereas using.
- It has a long cord that gives greater access to power sockets.
- It can cook big amounts of meat and it is suited for party cooking.
- The instructional manual is well explained and detailed.
- It requires less wood to give a good smoky flavor.
- Someone suggests that if a third rack was offered, this unit is better.
- It does not give enough heat to cook chicken.
- It also lacks temperature gauge on top
2. Jim Beam BTDS76JB Bradley 4-Rack – best electric smoker for beginners
With smokers, you have taken your grilling into the next level. Smoked foods are considered to be best cooked foods out there most especially if you are more of the outdoor type of person. With this low and slow type of cooking, the meat will surely create that tender, moist and smoky feeling that would definitely entertain and soothe the buds of the tasters.
Some of the parts of the meat that go good in the smokers are the ribs, the pulled pork, the chicken and even whole hogs! Also, vegetables are also considered as one of the top things that go in the smokers as they take the boring nutrition into a higher level of deliciousness. There are basically three types of smokers, they are the ceramic grills or smokers, the pellet grills or smokers and the competition smokers. One of which is considered to be one of the most reliable brand when it comes to smokers and lawn grills, the Bradley Jim Beam and one of its most famous smokers or grills, the Bradley Bim Jeam 4 Rack Digital Smoker.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- Good price
- Has 1-year warranty.
- It is electric so it is not that messy to use as compared to when one wished to get their meat or vegetables smoked on a regular grill that uses charcoal or old woods.
- It may be left as the smoker cooks alone, you just have to set the time and the settings properly.
- The smoker may be convenient enough to be carried in outings but the size of the grill is developed or designed for outdoor purposes – to be kept and used at the lawns or the patios and not to be brought.
- It is not that handy as compared to other smokers.
- The bisquettes are not that cheap and may only be purchased from Bradley
3. Masterbuilt 20070512 40-Inch – best electric smoker for the money
You are a man who wants to smoke some meat, to get that authentic taste and to eat along with some friends while you watch a movie. This is now made easy with electric smokers. You no longer have to master the art of watching burning charcoal until it’s all gone. With electric smokers you can eliminate the filth, decrease time consuming preparations and increase enjoyment all throughout.
Smoke your products anytime and anywhere with the convenience of Masterbuilt Electric smoker. Nothing makes an outdoor activity more fun than to enjoy food soaked with authentic smoked taste. Every weekend is a smoking day thanks to electric smokers. Smoking made fast and easy.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Self-contained – the Bradley electric smoker is designed to keep external threats out and keep the flavor in. You don’t have to worry about flies sticking on top of your meat with its self-containment feature.
- Large capacity – you will surely never run out of products to eat thanks to the large maximum capacity of products that this device can hold.
- Portable – with inaccurate forecast, it is every smoker’s nightmare to see the skies start to darken. The Bradley smoker is pre-installed with wheels and a carrying handle for you to easily carry it from one place to another similarly like a stroller.
- Durable – From stainless steel interior to epoxy steel exterior, you are likely to get more than 5 years of service from this device. Don’t forget about the thick heat resistant glass in front that will most likely never shatter unless you deliver a hard blow to it.
- Easy to use – may you be a professional smoker or a beginner, you will be able to easily navigate through the Bradley electric smoker without any problem. With its digital panel, everything is controlled from here on and nowhere else. Just a click of a button and you get your smoked dish.
- Price –cheap price, you get the best worth of your money. Durability, functionality and longevity all in one. Plus a maximum heat temperature of 275 Fahrenheit that is not present in most smokers.
- Cord is short – the company forgot to make an investment on their wiring. The power cord is too short to be of any practical use. This could have at least been improved, but nevertheless, this is easily fixed with an extension wire. It’s just plane annoying for some.
4. The Bradley 4 Rack – best electric digital smoker to buy in 2016
Aren’t you tired of always the same type of food preparations every day? The same old instant, out of the store and easy to fry food because it is the most convenient to prepare as a fully employed person. Look no further because smoking has been made easier with the use of electric smokers. Smoking made easy, fast and convenient just like frying.
No more preparation of charcoal, thick smoke and tedious cleaning with the help of electric smokers. You can smoke anytime and anywhere and still get that flavor and dish diversity. The only thing running this is electricity, be able to control the temperature and say goodbye to charred meat and uneven cooking.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- Easy storage – the Bradley smoker is just the size of a mini-fridge making it easy to store in different places after usage. This also means that the device is portable though not something you would want to always carry, at least you can easily smoke from any place you want.
- Easy cleanup –no more extensive cleaning of ash and charcoal dust not to mention all that charred meat that are nearly impossible to remove from your trays. In the Bradley smoker, the only thing you are going to clean are your racks.
- Ease of use –Control everything with a single panel and you can leave it and be back just before it gets finished. No more danger of burned meat or uncooked portions.
- Sleek – it nearly resembles a mini-fridge with the shiny steel exterior coating, giving you a nice looking smoker.
- Price – you get the best out of your money with the Bradley smoker. Cheaper than most electric smokers and the best for its price range.
- Not weather proof – despite being made from quality steel, its exposed digital control panels makes it easily susceptible to natural factors like water, sunlight and dust. This device is not recommended to be used under rain or be exposed to long hours under the rays of the sun. Just remember to keep it indoors and under a roof and the smoker will be fine for another 5 years or so.
BONUS: Best charcoal smoker to buy in 2020
5. Weber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Charcoal Smoker
Nothing beats the taste of smoked meat. The real taste that comes after a long time of letting the flavor and smoke sink into the meat. Too bad smoking is a long and dirty process, you have to prepare your charcoal and you have to be outdoors because of the smoke. Though there is another alternative that will help you get that taste your taste buds are looking for with lesser filth in a short period of time.
With the use of portable smoking devices, you can guarantee yourself of that genuine flavor you are looking for. There are a number of variations out there; electric, gas or a portable charcoal powered one. Nothing beats the taste of meat smoked from charcoal compared to electric or gas fueled. That is the motivation that came into Weber to make an easy, portable and filth free device that does not risk the smoky taste people are after.
Our Rating: (4.8 / 5)
- Constant heat – Shaped like a large capsule with three compartments, the charcoal is placed in the first compartment on the base which allows equal flow of heat throughout.
- Portability – the smoker is portable with an average weight of 39 pounds and at a height of 18.5 inches.
- Durability – this is device is going to last more than 5 years or so being made from genuine high grade stainless steel.
- Cheap price: This is the best charcoal smoker you can get in this price range.
- Access doors – despite the smoker being made from high quality steel, the main access door does not have much durability in it. In most cases, there have been some observable denting on this area. Nothing to worry since despite this flaw, the door is still completely functional but might not look that sleek in the long run.
Best Electric Smoker Buying Guide
Do you want to cook palatable and delicious foods for your family and visitors? Of course, the answer would be typically yes. No one would ever dream to cook foods that are not so good enough to the taste buds of the people inside your home. There are some machines and cooking tools that are designed so as to help you in cooking foods inside your kitchen.
One of these cooking materials is the electric smoker which can be used in cooking grilled fish, meat and some other foods depending on your taste and preferences. If you are fond of cooking and you would like to end up cooking with quality foods, then you need to look for some cooking materials that can help you. Probably, you will need an electric smoker for you to cook delicious gourmet, grilled fish or anything. So, what you need to do is to find the best electric smoker that is offered in the market.
Common Features You Should Find
If you are looking for a type of electric smoker, then always consider the best common features of the product. Considering the common features of the product would give you the assurance that you can gain more benefits and advantages out of using it. Here are the common features that you should seek for, especially if you are about to purchase a specific type:
- Durability – One of the most common features of the products under these brand names is its durability. Buying and patronizing their products can give you the assurance that these will have a long life span.
- Stainless steel – Most of their products are made up of stainless steel so that possible damages or broken will be avoided.
- High performance level –Of course, quality is the main priority that you need to consider. So, it is expected that you will choose a product that has a high performance level.
- Warranty period – If you want to ensure the product’s quality, then you should select a product that is covered with warranty period. The longer the duration of the warranty period, the higher the assurance that the product is good enough for you.
- Portability and easy to use – Almost all the products that they offer are greatly designed as portable and efficient to use. This is mainly because of great convenience.
With this guide in buying the best electric smoker in the market, it is now expected that you can already choose the ideal one which will give you multiple benefits. So, always choose the high quality one for your own goodness. So, what are you now waiting for? Come now and explore the quality products in the circulation. Try to check them out in Amazon and be able to experience the great benefits for you.
Electric Smoker Brands
One of the brands of a specific product that you may find in the circulation is the Masterbuilt. In fact, there are numerous products under this brand name that are relatively good for you since these can help you a lot when it comes to different aspects like cooking different kinds of dishes and some others.
The company always offers with great products and services for all their customers. However, it is essential to read more reviews as it helps you to choose the best specific type of product for you.
If you will search the company name trough online, you can find such reviews that will directly tell about the product. You can even tell how reliable and reputable the company is. You can choose any kinds of product under their brand name and explore the benefits that you may get from every product of Masterbuilt.
Bradley is another brand of electric smoker which is good for cooking. This is a perfect choice that will help you in cooking tasteful dishes. There are lots of products which you can buy under this brand name.
In fact, the company offers great products and exceptional services to all customers for more benefits. In the world of industry, Bradley aims to satisfy the needs and wants of the majority. So, they ensure that all their finished products in terms of gadgets and technologies will be of high quality.
For more details and information about their products and services, you may take a look at some specific products reviews and be able to explore the best features about their offers.
Many people tend to purchase this kind of electric smoker since it provides great benefits to them. They were aided to cook palatable and delicious gourmet and some extra foods for appetizers. Because of these great benefits, this product is documented as one of the best electric smoker in the circulation. In fact, it receives an average rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.
Brinkmann has achieved its popularity because of their eagerness and perseverance to render good services and provides quality products to all customers.
As of this time, there are so many people who are highly satisfied with the performance level of the products that they have produced. Because of this, the company name has already established their good reputation through online and offline basis.
There are numerous products under this brand name that are perfect for your cooking. Some of these products can be used as dual purpose. So, you can have a great guarantee that you can gain more benefits.
If you want to buy any kind of product under their brand name, then you need to know first remarkable attributes that they offer.
For more information about their best deals and offer in the marketplace, look for some reviews that may provide you reliable pieces of information.
10 Easy Steps to Use an Electric Smoker
The moment you have bought an electric smoker, the next step you must learn the basic rules of using the smoker. There are some basic considerations to use an electric smoker. No matter how much money you invested in buying your smoker, if you fail to use the smoker correctly, chances are you will find it hard to make great tasting foods. Moreover, the product will lose its durability. Here are top 10 easy steps to use an electric smoker.
Evaluate different types of electric smokers and decide which one is best for you. Make sure you use the best electric smoker. Vertical water smokers are excellent for those who plan to use them during the summer months. They are affordable, but they have trouble in maintaining their internal temperature when it is cold outside. Electric cabinet smokers, on the other hand, are suitable for all types of weather because they come with a temperature gauge that enables you to control the temperature as per your desire. They look like little refrigerators and they are very easy to use.
Always read the instructions before using the best electric smoker. It might seem like common knowledge, but many people skip this step. Each smoker is different, so you need to have a good understating on how it works exactly. Manufacturers usually provide comprehensive instructions.
Electric smokers need to be seasoned before using them. This process is meant to make them suitable for cooking meat in them by removing odors or other unwanted particles such as dust. You should follow the instructions for seasoning. Usually, you have to cover the internal surfaces and the racks in oil and to let the smoker operate for around two hours. Once this is done, you can open it and let it cool down.
Buy best quality meat on your choice and prepare it for cooking.
Use a dry rub such as salt or sugar or an acidic marinade to season the meat before putting it in the electric smoker. You can use the herbs of your choice for flavoring the meat.
Allow the meat to sit in the marinade overnight in order for all the flavors to blend in.
Prepare the smoker for use by turning it on. If it also has a water receptacle, make sure you add the necessary amount of water.
Buy some wood chips. They are available at your local grocery or hardware store, but you can also buy them online if you want. For optimum results, also buy cherry, maple, hickory, plum, alder, or cedar chips and add them in the designated container. Most electric smokers need around 4 cups of chips in order to function for three to five hours.
Only put the meat in the smoker when this has reached the desired temperature. Make sure you do not place it before of it because you will ruin it. Best electric smokers usually come with a temperature gauge. Either you can adjust the temperature from a dial or they are set to a specific core temperature of around 100-Celsius degrees to 225 Fahrenheit degrees.
Once the desired temperature reaches, you can put the meat and wait until it is cooked. This usually takes between 3 and 8 hours depending on the meat. You can use a meat thermometer to find out once done.