When going camping, you need shelter, and an instant tent is an excellent easy solution. Camping is an exciting outdoor activity, and can be incredible fun. During and after camping, campers expect to enjoy the best camping experience. However, this may not be easy to achieve if you do not have the right camping gear including a camping tent. An instant camping tent is a good choice to take as it takes less time to assemble and it is easy to handle. It comes in different designs, fabrics and colors; therefore you can easily pick out what you prefer the most.
Here is a review of the best instant tents from which you can make a good choice:
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Best Instant Tent Reviews
- 1. Core 4 Person Instant Dome Tent – 9’ x 7’
- 2. Coleman Waterproof 10 by 9 – Feet 6-Person Instant Tent
- 3. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabinets Tent – 18’ by 10’
- 4. Coleman Pop-Up Tent
- 5. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
- 6. Coleman 8 Person Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent with Closet
- 7. Coleman WeatherMaster 10 Person Hinged Door Tent
- 8. Coleman 2000018295 8 – Person Instant Tent, Black (14 by 10 feet)
- 9. Core 3 Person Instant Dome Tent 7 x 7 inches
- 10. Pop Up Tent Beach Cabana by Zomake
- Best Instant Tent Buying Guide
Top 5 Best Instant Tent Reviews
1. Core 4 Person Instant Dome Tent – 9’ x 7’
This is a very easy to use camping tent since you can instantly set it up and bring it down after use. It comes with a pre-assembled frame. You only need to unpack it, unfold the legs and extend until its poles click in position, then you can set it up. It takes 30 seconds to have it all done. The tent is made from CORE HBO technology, which features water repellent fabrics. You can therefore even under heavy rain without any worry. The tent also features gear loft with lantern hooks and pockets.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- The lantern hooks and pockets are great for keeping your things organized during camping
- It comes with an electrical cord access port
- Its mesh ceiling will always help hot air to escape out of the tent.
- It may not be enough for someone with bigger needs
2. Coleman Waterproof 10 by 9 – Feet 6-Person Instant Tent
This is a very easy to set up and bring down camping tent. Its poles are usually pre-assembled; therefore it can only take you a minute to set it up for use. This particular model is quite spacious, able to fit up to 6 people. The fabric that has been used in the making of this tent is twice as thick as the regular canvas and its poles are very strong. It can therefore serve you well for a long time.
Our Rating: (4.6 / 5)
- This is a very strong and durable instant tent.
- On average, it will take you a minute to set it up and bring it down after use
- It is large enough to accommodate more people
- It does not come with the rainfly accessory
3. CORE 12 Person Instant Cabinets Tent – 18’ by 10’
This is a very reliable camping tent for someone that wants to take the entire family out but does not want to spend a lot of time setting up a tent. The tent has enough room to accommodate up to 12 persons. It also has large double doors both on the front and also at the back sides of the tent. These can be used as entry and exit points. They also provide enough ventilation inside the tent. It comes with enough storage pockets and gear loft to help you stay organized inside the tent. You will therefore not have to keep your stuff on the floor of the tent.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- A very easy to set up camping tent. It can take a maximum of 2 minutes to set it up and also bring it down after use.
- You only need one tent to take the entire family camping
- The package includes the tent rainfly, gear loft, two room dividers, tent stakes and also a carrying bag
- The tent is not strong enough to last you a longer time
4. Coleman Pop-Up Tent
This is a very easy to set up product that can take even less than a minute to bring it up and bring it down after use. It has enough space to accommodate two people. It is a great choice for camp-outs and festivals. It has enough mesh to promote free circulation of air in and out of the tent. You also get a rollaway attached to the tent, which can be used to provide some privacy and protection for the users.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
- It is a very light in weight camping tent. This makes it easy to carry wherever you want to use it and also easy to handle
- The tent is able to fold up flat, making it easy to carry when transporting it and also easy to store away.
- It is very affordable
- It can only accommodate a maximum of two people
5. Wenzel 8 Person Klondike Tent
This is a great camping tent that can accommodate up to 8 persons. It is spacious, with a very large screen room. It comes with amazing features such as a rainfly, zippered windows, ports and gear lofts which a user can find very useful. Its roof vents are made of mesh. This, plus the front awning, the door and the windows makes the tent very comfortable as they provide good ventilation. You get a carrying bag with the tent to help you carry it conveniently.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- This is a very affordable instant tent
- It has enough room for the entire family and friends during camping
- It comes with everything you will need to stay organized while camping
- Its front awning will give you a dry tent entry, therefore you are good to go under any weather situation
- It does not have an electrical cord access
6. Coleman 8 Person Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent with Closet
This is the kind of camping tent that can allow you to bring all the luxuries from home. This is because you will have plenty of room to store them. This will not even take much of the tent space as the tent has a closet. It has enough room to accommodate up to 8 people. The built-in closet has shelves and a hanger bar, which makes it easy for users to organize their clothes and other stuff. The tent is 75% more water resistant; therefore you do not have to worry if it rains while you are out there camping.
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
- You are able to enjoy staying organized while out there camping
- It is very easy to set up. Users get to enjoy more than 55% faster setup.
- It is absolutely safe to camp in any weather condition with this tent
- It is not strong enough to stand very strong wind
7. Coleman WeatherMaster 10 Person Hinged Door Tent
This is an amazing tent for anyone that is looking for a tent that can accommodate the entire family while camping. It has enough room for up to 10 people. It comes with a patented hinged door, which is a great feature as it allows for a quick access in or out of the tent. It has a rainfly for weather protection and also a mesh room to provide good ventilation and some sunlight inside the tent. It is absolutely easy to set up. Its color coded poles makes this even easier.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- This is a very spacious camping tent that is perfect for a large family.
- The tent is very easy to set up and easy to break down
- It has excellent ventilation. Its roof is screened and it has large windows and door for free flow of air in and out of the tent.
- Its tent stakes are not very strong
8. Coleman 2000018295 8 – Person Instant Tent, Black (14 by 10 feet)
This is a very spacious instant camping tent that is able to accommodate up to 8 people. It can fit 2 queen airbeds. The inside of the tent has enough room for air ventilation too. Its large screened windows and doors not only keep fresh air coming into the tent but also give you a great view while inside the tent. The tent has been made from an exclusive WeatherTec system, which gives it a thick waterproof wall and welded floors.
Our Rating: (4.0 / 5)
- It is a very easy to set up tent. The external frame and the tent comes together, therefore you do not run the danger of losing anything along the way
- The tent is strong enough, having been made from the best materials
- The tent is absolutely waterproof
- The tent bag is a bit smaller than the tent itself, therefore packing it after use might be a problem
9. Core 3 Person Instant Dome Tent 7 x 7 inches
This is a very easy to set up camping tent that can be ready in just 30 seconds. It can accommodate up to 3 people and is able to fit 3 queen mattresses. It comes with a gear loft, lantern hook and pockets to help you organize your stuff while camping. It comes with an electrical cord access too, which remains fully closed when it is not in use. You get a rainfly, tent stakes and a carry bag on purchase.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
- This is a great quality instant camping tent that has been designed using the BHO technology
- It comes with an integrated frame system, which makes set up very easy and quick
- There is proper ventilation on the inside of the tent. The adjustable air intake vent and the mesh ceiling allow free flow of air in and out of the tent.
- It does not provide much space for people who want to stay together while camping.
10. Pop Up Tent Beach Cabana by Zomake
This is a very spacious instant tent that is able to accommodate up to 3 people. It is the best to use for general camping when the weather is clear. With it, you get to enjoy adequate ventilation through its 2 doors and 2 windows. It also has a top skylight that allows free flow of air in and out of the tent. The tent pops up instantly; you just throw it and it will pop up, making it very easy to set up. It is ideal to use at the beach.
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
- The instant tent is very easy to fold away after use. It comes with a carry bag to make it easy to carry wherever you want to go camping
- It is light in weight, thanks to its fiberglass frame.
- It is not big enough to accommodate more people
Best Instant Tent Buying Guide
Instant tents are numerous in the market today. Buyers should be well equipped with information in order to end up with the best instant tent for camping and other needs. Here are some of the factors that can help you make the best choice:
- The space: this is the very first consideration you make in order to ensure that it will accommodate the intended number of persons. If you need a tent that can fit your entire family, a larger one will be the most ideal. The size one goes for mainly depends on individual preference.
- The price: how affordable is the camping tent you are about to buy? Instant tents can be expensive but there is always a way you can end up with the most affordable and the best of them all. If you are working on a budget, you have to consider other factors too, for instance space and comfort for it to serve your needs well.
- Easy setup and transportation: this is the main reason why a lot of people prefer instant tents these days. They are easy and quick to set up and you can fold the up fast enough after use. You also have to consider how easy to transport it will be. This is because in most cases, you will be using it away from home.
Buying an instant tent is a great idea for anyone that loves camping and other outdoor activities. With an instant tent, you only need a few seconds to set it up, with no issues at all. Choosing the best instant tent is not an easy thing though. This is because there are many options available in the market today. From the review, Coleman 8 Person Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent with Closet is an amazing choice to go for. It is very easy to set up, it is able to keep water away and it comes with a pre-installed closet.