Buying something is not a matter to go to a store and buy anything you like to. In fact, you need to know the best item that you are required to buy for your purpose.
Throwing knives buying is also included to this purpose.
Because of having many places for throwing knives for sale, you need to recognize the best throwing knifes available in the market. Click here to see our #1 pick on Amazon.com
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Throwing Knives on the market
Top 3 Best Throwing Knives Review
1. Kershaw Ken Onion Leek Folding Knife with Speed Safe
I have a number of folding knives from the expensive top brand to very common non-brand one. After getting this beautiful knife, I believe that I overpaid for my top brand. The handle of the knife is very comfortable and smooth and the edges are quite round that won’t require a hole in the pocket. The pocket clip is just like common one and the knife has a very easy process to use. The blade of the knife is extremely sharp that is better for utility use than the tactical use. Moreover, the tip of the knife has a very good strength.
It sharpens simply and holds the edge quite well that gives the impression of wonderful blade steel, if you consider the price. Almost all the metals are stainless steel and a very little part are made of plastics where consisting of spacer between the scales and handle. A small latch works to hold the blade of the knife to be locked shut. The mechanism for the speed safe works very well and anyone can open very safely with a very little practice. You may say that it is not the fastest opening knife but the fact is it is designed for practicality and utility than only the tactical purpose. The knife has a very easy way to unlock the blade (some are unbelievably hard and difficult to unlock) but if you fold, it closes with superior difficulty than a traditional locking knife.
An excellent throwing knife, and the smooth blade version. It is very easy to use. I love it so much !
The handle has a wonderful smooth finish that doesn’t show fingerprints or smudges which is really good. You will feel that everything is precise and the best bonus is probably the knife is US made.
Safety is a very big issue and the blade shuts in a way that there is no chance of opening it accidentally. The lock system of the knife is really wonderful. It works as per my expectation and works quite smoothly. If you want to open the blade using one hand, it is quite easy to do so. You just bring the knife and get the little “ear” (that is on the back part of blade) to flick and open the knife quite easily. You just need to flick it a little hard and open the blade partly, and the speed safe mechanism is good enough to do the rest. This is not hard but quite speedy.
The knife is wonderfully secured if you don’t engage the extra lock also. So, if you feel the need of opening it quite frequently, you can ignore the safety engagement lock.
These knives are really handy if you consider the price and related safety issues. However, you will get frequent opinions from the users. There are some advantages and disadvantage as well which I should mention clearly.
- It has razor sharp edges and I wonder the sharpness during the time of production in the factory. At the same time, the sharpness sustains for long time and you need not to worry about it.
- You will get it compact! The knife is extremely light and very small in size. So, if you keep it in your pocket, you can hardly notice it.
- It has a superb lockup system and you will not feel any movement whatsoever the direction you put.
- The blade comes out like lightning speed and you just need to make a delicate tap on your flipper.
- The lock system is very good and secured as well. If you want to make a little extra tight, the T6 bit can help you to adjust.
- It is interesting that you can disassemble the whole frame.
- The knife has a great frame lock which is fantastic for superior reliability and strength.
- The clip of the knife is quite sturdy and adjustable as per your preference.
- The knife is really beautiful and you can use it in a formal situation as well.
- You will get the blade excessively thin and the tip is quite delicate. It could be a little thicker and it is just my opinion.
- The clip can be positioned in one side only. So, the lefties can face a little trouble I guess.
- The handle is very polished and if your hand is wet, there is possibility of making a slip.
2. United Cutlery Tomahawk Throwing Knife Set
The United Cutlery Tomahawk Throwing Knife Set (3 pieces) is the top choice for best throwing knives. If you come across the product online, you might notice that it doesn’t look like a traditional tomahawk. Instead of a long handle and thick rounded blade at the top, the pieces are, in fact, 3 small throwing knives. Each blade is 2.5 inches long and the entire knife itself is about 5.5 inches. It’s important that you have a general understanding of how long an inch is in order to properly picture how big this knife will be. You can find photos online and see that the knives are a little longer than the average finger. If this size doesn’t bother you, then read on.
This is a good entry level quality. It's very nice petite blades. I am glad with my purchased
As far as throwing knife sets go, this particular 3-piece assemblage is an economical catch. Amazon is selling the knives for about seven dollars. But is it worth your seven bucks? Many times small knives are tricky because they bend or break upon improper contact. It’s true that with this United Cutlery set you need to throw with great force so that your point will stick.
The good news is that these knives are great for beginners and any other knife throwers who want a practice set to try new kinds of throws. Here is a quick list of the things I like about this particular blade:
- Well-balanced. Balance is a personal preference, but for a beginner set balance is key. Until you get the hang of your personal knife throwing abilities, the United Cutlery Tomahawk set is perfect.
- Sport design. The knives are stainless steel blades with a black handle. Inscribed on the side of the handle is the word “Tomahawk” as proof of authenticity. Enjoy a slight serrated curve on one edge of the knife. The color play between Opaque black and shiny stainless steel provides a cutting-edge look.
- Easily sharpened. Although the knife may not come sharply filed, the issue can be easily remedied. Using your own sharpener or even a whetstone, the knives can be made as sharp as you want them to be. Prevent chipping or tip damage by sharpening on a regular basis. Check the knives after every use for impact damage.
- Nylon sheath. When you buy the United Cutlery Tomahawk set you also get a nylon sheath that will hold all three knives at once or just one. Sheaths are a great way to store knives on your person, and this one comes with an attachment to fit any belt loop.
- Ability to conceal. If you have a special wrist or ankle loop that fits a knife, this set is perfect for concealment. The small size of the entire blade and handle makes a great combination for having concealed knives. This can also be used as a separate storage method. Just be sure to include tip guards so you don’t cut your wrist open if you’re traveling far with the knife set up your sleeve.
My sons and I decided that this knife set is definitely on our “to buy” list if we ever want a small set of knives to practice with. They’re a great value and can serve beginners and professionals alike. These knives will also make a great gift. Pair the knife set with a whetstone or other sharpening tool, the nylon sheath, and maybe a concealment strap and you’ve got yourself a great gift set.
3. Perfect Point PP-028-3BK Throwing Knife Set
In my current knife review series this Perfect Point Throwing Knife Set has earned a top spot on the list. As a set of knives for more advanced throwers, there are plenty of great advantages to a knife set of this size and caliber. Take a moment to see what I liked best about this particular knife set and if the details seem to suit your needs as well.
They look cool and keep their points well. High quality, tough tips, and cheap in price!
With this particular knife there are many features I thoroughly enjoy, so let’s start with the good stuff.
- Design. If you want a set of throwing knives with a “ninja” vibe to them, then this Perfect Point Throwing Knives Set is probably your best bet. However the knife is able to capture the essence of a long ago art without creating a laughable prop. The design is centered on the round insignia by the end of the blade near the handle. The blade tip itself is stainless steel and the point is long and very sharp. The black cord wrap around the handle provides extra grip for the thrower and a tasteful stylistic addition.
- Size. Each throwing knife is 6.5 inches from the end of the handle to the blade tip. This is seen as rather small in the throwing knife world. However small can also equate to powerful. As a small throwing knife you have to put some extra power into the throw and land it expertly. For this reason alone, the Perfect Point Throwing Knife Set is much more for advanced students of the impalement arts.
- Well-balanced. For those of you who don’t know, a throwing knife can come one of three ways. Balanced by the blade, balanced by the handle, or completely balanced. The Perfect Point Throwing Knife Set is a well-balanced set that is completely balanced. There is no balance in favor of the blade or the handle which makes it a bit more difficult to maneuver. Beginners usually enjoy a balanced blade so that it sticks to the target better. These blades will definitely be a new challenge.
- Sharp. You would be surprised how many knife sets come unsharpened or rather dull. I don’t mind sharpening knives myself because it’s part of regular maintenance on my collection. However I am aware that the majority of those who want a set of throwing knives do not have their own whetstone on hand for sharpening. The Perfect Point Throwing Knife Set is extremely sharp right out of packaging. For an affordable 3-piece set, that’s quality.
Overall these knives are a definite success! I would recommend the Perfect Point Throwing Knife 3-piece Set to anyone who is already somewhat experienced at knife throwing. Due to the small size and sharpness of the knives, it is best to throw them in a straight trajectory. These knives are not meant to be thrown with multiple rotations. Keep that in mind when marking your throwing line.
You can purchase starter kits from any place online, but check out some of my knife reviews to know which one will really suit you. My sons finally convinced me to start writing about my experiences because so many of their friends are interested in our competitions. We even demonstrate at family events and my wife had some T-shirts made. I gotta say, nothing has brought us closer as a family than our collective interest in knife throwing. Now that you learned how to throw a knife for yourself, get practicing!