Leupold 119088 GX-4i2 Digital Golf Rangefinder has been considered among the top-line rangefinder models due to the positive reviews from the users.
It was noted that most of the users love the features of this product and hence, it should be undoubtedly placed in the top-list of rangefinders.
Thus, if you are looking for one amazing golf course GPS unit, the current product should be on your priority list for trying out.
However, before you go and purchase this product, it is advisable to read through this review which is covering about the product features and offers available.
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 6 x 4 x 8 inches
- Weight: 7.9 ounces
- Magnification: 6x
- Pin Maximum Range: 450 yard
- Prism Maximum Range: 800 yard
- Special features: PinHunter 2 Laser Technology, Prism Lock Technology, vivid OLED display, True Golf Range and Club Selector features
- Warranty: 2-year
At the first sight, you could notice that Leupold 119088 is a compact and rugged laser rangefinder. This rangefinder from Leupold has been built to provide you with 6x magnification.
The objective aperture of this model is measuring 22 mm. The body has been constructed using aerospace grade aluminum.
There is a vivid OLED display also. The current rangefinder unit has been built to be water resistant. This model would reach your hands with the two-year warranty from the manufacturer.
With the dimensions of 4.2 X 3.0 X 1.4 inches, this rangefinder is weighing less than other top-like models like Bushnell Pro X7 Golf Laser Rangefinder with JOLT. The current model weighs only around 7.9 ounces.
Why you should choose Leupold 119088 Rangefinder?
As mentioned above, this product occupied the place as an amazing rangefinder in the current market due to its extraordinary features. Know about its features for getting a better insight about the current rangefinder:
- Excellent Durability: This rangefinder model is the legendary for its durability. This product is rugged and weatherproof. Hence, you do not have to worry about the durability of your rangefinder in the coming days with your Leupold 119088 rangefinder model.
- Pinhunter Laser Technology: The current rangefinder model in review has been incorporated with the improved Pinhunter Laser Technology. This feature could be able to filter out the background images and would make zeroing-in on your target much faster and easier. It is to be noted that the key for fast and accurate ranging will be the ability to lock onto the flagstick. For the people with shaky hands would find it much difficult to get on and stay on the pin. With the pinhunter laser technology, this problem is completely eradicated. In addition, there are three different reticle options in order to give the flexibility for selecting the one that is best for you.
- Prism Lock Technology: In this rangefinder model, Leupold GX’s prism lock technology has been coupled with pinhunter laser technology. This would make the process of ‘locking-on’ faster than ever. You would get an audible tone as your rangefinder finds the prism. And, the distance would be immediately displayed thereby speeding up your pace of play. Thus, this feature would give you more confidence for hitting the shot.
- Fog Mode: The fog mode of this rangefinder has been particularly designed for the people who hit the links irrespective of conditions. The Leupold 119088 could cut through the weather thereby providing fast and accurate measurements to get on the green.
- Exclusive True Golf Range: Most of the review articles on rangefinders have suggested that Leupold rangefinders with true golf range feature are the only rangefinder models that could arm you with the critical information.
- Club Selector: This could provide you with an advantage for hitting the shot you need. This feature is like having your personal caddies who knows every shot of yours.
With the features like lightning-fast DNA engine and improved pinhunter 2 laser technology, this rangefinder model would perform well on your course.
The performance would be boosted up by the proprietary features like true golf range and club selector.
As a result, you are able to get training that could be tailored to your own ball striking abilities.
It is to be noted that this rangefinder has been included with the chrome faceplate which would disable the true golf range and club selector features in order to make the model permitted for use per USGA Rule 14-3/0.5.
The maximum range of pin is 450 yard and the maximum range of your prism is 800 yard.
Ease of Operation
With its several in-built features, you would definitely find it easier to operate this model. With the current model, you need not worry about the weather conditions. In case of fog, you could just use it by activating the fog mode. During the rainy season also, you could use it without any worries since the unit is waterproof.
As it is light-weighted, you would find it easier to handle during your course and it is legal to be used in the tournament when it is permitted by local rules. All the features of the current rangefinder model would be activated only when the yellow ‘smart key faceplate’ that comes with your unit is attached. This would prevent the accidental usage of the unit.
- The current model of rangefinder is highly durable.
- The true golf range would provide you with the much needed critical information.
- The fog mode will be extremely useful during the bad weather conditions.
- The chrome faceplate is making the unit permitted to be used under the rules of golf.
- Some of the users have found that prism lock is taking some patience. That is, not every time it is locking onto the prism.
- If multiple readings are taken on one particular target, it was found that they rarely match with each other.
Leupold 119088 GX-4i2 Digital Golf Rangefinder is well-constructed with lots of advanced features. On the whole, this is a great product with lots of good features. This would be a great trade off between the basic models and high-end models which makes it more and more attractive. Thus, it would surely be a good buy.