Watches have long been a status symbol of the wealthy and powerful. Even though technology has allowed watches to be mass produced cheaply some watches are still very pricey. The reasons for this are that they’re made out of special materials, have special features, or of very high quality. Certain companies are known for their expensive watches. We will take a look at some of the most expensive watch brands.
Table of Contents
- 10. Patek Philippe 1953 Model 2523 Heures Universelles Watch
- 9. Piaget Emperador Temple Watch
- 8. Patek Philippe 1928 Single Button Chronograph Watch
- 7. Patek Philippe 1939 Platinum World Time Watch
- 6. Louis Moinet Meteoris Watch
- 5. Breguet & Fils, Paris, No. 2667 Precision Watch
- 4. Patek Philippe Reference 1527 Wristwatch
- 3. Patek Philippe Henry Graves Super Complication Pocket Watch
- 2. Chopard 201 Carat Watch
- 1. The Breguet Marie Antoinette
10. Patek Philippe 1953 Model 2523 Heures Universelles Watch
Made from 18 karat gold and featuring a polychrome and enamel dial in the form of the North America continent it is one of the most expensive watch brands produced by Patek Philippe. It has been priced at $2.9 million.
9. Piaget Emperador Temple Watch
This watch, made from 1200 pieces of a ziggurat of a diamond is one of kind which shows a price of $3.3 million. With a design similar to a pyramid it opens up in two different ways. First, it opens up to reveal a mother of pearl and diamond face. Second, it opens up again to a larger face featuring a tourbillion and power indicator.
8. Patek Philippe 1928 Single Button Chronograph Watch
This watch is a 34 km custom made single button chronograph. It is made out of 18 karats pure white gold. Featuring Breguet numerals it was created in 1928, the eve of the stock market crash, and was one of Patek Philippe’s most important pieces. Its price is $3.6 million.
7. Patek Philippe 1939 Platinum World Time Watch
This watch is another one of kind piece. You can use it to find the time anywhere in the world. It winds it’s self and has finishes of white, yellow, gold, rose, and platinum. Its price is $4.0 million.
6. Louis Moinet Meteoris Watch
An extreme symbol of extravagance, this watch uses the moon itself to show off its owner’s wealth. It contains pieces of the moon and an asteroid. It comes in a four tourbillion set and prices at $4.6 million.
5. Breguet & Fils, Paris, No. 2667 Precision Watch
This extremely rare watch is made out of 18 karat gold. It was originally sold in London for 500 Francs and now its price is $4.7 million. Its features include bi-metal steel/platinum compensation balances, platinum screws, and yellow gold subsidiary for seconds.
4. Patek Philippe Reference 1527 Wristwatch
This watch belonged to the owners of Patek Philippe; the Stern Family. It has a rounded appearance and unique design. It also has features such a body made out of 18 karat gold, a perpetual calendar, silver dial, and Arabic numerals. With a price of $5 million, it has been called Patek Philippe’s most expensive watch.
3. Patek Philippe Henry Graves Super Complication Pocket Watch
Made in the 1920s out of 18 karat gold it has the most advanced choro-logical technique as well as a chart of the skyline of New York City. While its price tag is $11 million even if you have that kind of money you wouldn’t be able to buy it because it’s now at a museum in Geneva.
2. Chopard 201 Carat Watch
Since the 19th century, Chopard has been known for its perfumes, eye wear, and jewelry. With 874 diamonds covering it this watch looks more like a collection of gems than a timepiece. It costs $25 million and has a unique design that allows the face to open up like petals of a flower.
1. The Breguet Marie Antoinette
This watch got its name because it was commissioned as a gift for Marie Antoinette and was made by famous watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet. Its features include self-winding, a minute repeater, jumping hour, power reserve and a bimetallic thermometer. Its construction took forty-four years with both Breguet and Marie Antoinette dying before then. Using only an image of it a copy was made. An impressive offer was made for it but it was declined.
So there you have it. If you’re in the mood continue on to read about The current top 5 men’s watch brands on the market today.