When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Acne is something that affects teenagers when their body hormones start acting up, and are often the source of a lot of mental discomfort, because of the difference it makes to their appearance.
People have been looking at solutions to deal with acne for years, and many suggest that it is due to a buildup of dirt which needs to be cleansed regularly. While this does neutralize the buildup, it rarely goes to address the problem directly. The face has very delicate skin and needs to be dealt with as gently as possible, and solutions that include natural herbs are more likely to give the required relief from acne.
Acne is made worse when the diet includes a lot of fatty and oily foods, and unfortunately teenagers find it easier to grab some fast food, instead of well-planned healthy meals. This adds to the problem. The natural way of dealing with acne has to be a diet that avoids milk products, food that is greasy, sweets and other items that contain sugar and all junk food. This must be replaced by fruits, greens and vegetables.
Every person has a different constitution and certain foods may aggravate acne. If you are lucky enough to spot the connection, you know what you need to avoid. A lack of sleep and stress can cause the hormonal production process to go awry and this is one of the major causes for acne. Taking a bath before sleeping can help to relax the body and mind, and also help to clean up the skin and unclog the pores. Some people find that their acne problem is aggravated by certain gels or creams that they apply on their face and hair, and these must be avoided.
One of the best solutions that is gentle in its application is the use of a soap that has glycerin and a soft brush to clean the skin every day. This removes the dirt from the pores, cleanses the skin and prevents infection setting in. Cleaning must be done at least once or twice a day.
Acne is ultimately an affliction of the skin that has never had a definite cure because everyone is different. You can only help to prevent acne, but can rarely eliminate it once it occurs. It is a skin condition that most teenagers grow out of, as their body hormones manage to get balanced.
Excessive oil production is one of the main causes of acne and this can occur on the upper arms, back and chest, but it is when it occurs on the chin, the nose, the cheeks and the forehead, that it is most disturbing to the person so affected.
There are a lot of natural solutions that can be used to combat acne, and most of these are ingredients that you will find in the kitchen
- You can help to reduce the scars from acne and its occurrence if you regularly apply fresh garlic over the parts that are affected. Make a pack from milk and ground nutmeg and put this on the affected area for about an hour, and this can help the skin to make a miraculous recovery.
- Blackheads, which are a consequence of acne, and the acne itself can benefit from the application of a mixture of fresh lime juice and coconut oil. This application must be used once a day and left on the area so affected, for at least a quarter of an hour.
- Cleansing the face is very important when you have to deal with acne, and you can use balls of cotton that have been soaked in vinegar, which can be dabbed on your face, as a solution for acne. A very beneficial face wash can be made from a glass of milk that has been boiled and then mixing a teaspoon of lime juice (fresh). This is a cure for blackheads and can help to remove pimples and prevent acne.
- Use the juice of raw papaya, without removing the seed and skin and apply this on the affected skin especially where the acne has caused inflammation, and you will find the skin is soothed and the swelling gets reduced. The application of tomato pulp for an hour a day has been known to be a cure for acne.
- Another long term solution for this inconvenient skin affliction can come with the application of a paste that is made from water and radish seeds that have been ground. Roast the skin of a pomegranate, powder it and mix it with lemon juice as a solution for whiteheads, blackheads and acne. Apply a grated potato to scars left over from acne, and see them reduce.
- Acne can also cause pores of the skin to become very open and large, and closing them up with a sandalwood paste can make go back to normal. If you are looking for an exfoliant along with a treatment for acne, use a mixture of rose water and powder of oatmeal or almond. Apply this to the skin in gentle circular motions and never rub it in vigorously. Wash it off with clear water and see how your skin glows.
These are all natural ways of treating acne, and the one you use must be the one you find convenient and easy to use, and that which suits you. Give it some time to take effect and do not keep changing solutions.