When you need to get rid of acne fast, your first impulse might be to reach for powerful medicated creams. Did you know you can easily get your acne under control using all-natural ingredients? Read on to discover a range of effective acne remedies that you may already have in your home.
Hit The Kitchen First
You might not be aware of it, but a well-stocked kitchen can be a powerful ally in your fight against acne. You can start by cracking open a couple of eggs. Egg whites have a natural astringent effect on the skin that can do wonders for your pores. The best solution is to apply egg whites directly to your pimples before going to bed and letting it work throughout the night. Rinse clean with warm water when you wake up in the morning.
Garlic is an all-natural antibacterial agent, so it can really help you get rid of acne fast. Mincing a clove of garlic will give you a strong paste that you should put on pimples for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Garlic is fairly rough, and it can leave behind a burning, stinging sensation after you use it. You may want to avoid this method when treating delicate areas like the skin around your eyes.
You can get further acne-fighting results from some other common foodstuffs, including potatoes, strawberries, and tomato. Tomatoes should be blended whole to create a face mask. You can slice potatoes and rub them on your skin to remove unwanted oils. Use strawberries (the leftover tops, specifically) to treat spot outbreaks and minimize the appearance of pimples.
Try These Effective Masks
Masks are great at treating larger acne outbreaks, and they help improve the overall health of your skin. While these are obviously intended for your face, keep in mind you can use them to get rid of acne fast anywhere on your body!
- Baking soda is a great cleaning agent for your skin as well as your home. Add enough water to baking soda to make it into a paste and apply it thickly across acne-affected areas. Leave it on for a half an hour, letting it dry and exfoliate.
- Mint is an excellent base for an all-natural acne-fighting mask. You’ll need to grind mint leaves thoroughly to create a spreadable paste, which you should then leave on your skin for at least fifteen minutes. Mint makes your skin feel great, and it also cleans out your pores thoroughly.
- Honey is another natural antibacterial substance, lending itself to treating acne issues. Apply honey evenly over your skin and keep it on as long as possible. If you can cover it with a bandage and sleep in this mask overnight you’ll see particularly excellent results.
Natural Leave-On Treatments For Breakouts
- For dealing with isolated problem pimples, a spot treatment is often the most effective way to handle the situation. Natural astringents are great for treating acne, especially if you catch it early on. Try using witch hazel or apple cider vinegar to nip acne in the bud.
- Lavender and tea tree oils are both great for treating acne outbreaks. A single drop applied directly to a pimple can have a powerful effect, and these all-natural oils are gentle enough to use repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lemon juice is highly effective at closing pores, killing bacteria, and reducing redness. Use the fresh-squeezed juice to get the maximum effect, and try to leave the juice in place on your acne as long as possible.
As you can see, there is a wide array of natural plants, fruits, and vegetables waiting to help you get rid of acne fast. The next time you have a breakout, try using a natural fix before you run to the drug store!