When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
“A true vinyl aficionado, looking for the best quality record player is like a hunter on prowl, testing every aspect of the product before they can single out on the winner”!
Music has been commercialized majorly, and this has raised the need for the portability factor, in all sorts of record players. Portable turntables are just one such brilliant invention and there is a sea of options up for grabs in the market. This is bound to get you confused on what option to choose.
Top 10 Best Crosley TurnTable Reviews
1. Crosley C100A-SI Turntable with S-Shaped Tone Arm with Adjustable Counterweight
This easy to use, portable, fully functional turntable, is equipped with features for the best music playing experience.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Belt driven turntable, so the functioning of the turntable is reliable and responsive
- High tech ABS construction with transparent protective lid and anti-skate adjustment
- Adjustable pitch control and adjustable tone arm weight, so you can adjust the sound according to your preferences
- Auxiliary output and RCA phone output for better connectivity to the turntable
- Plays only on 2 speeds: 33 1/3, so you cannot play 45 speed on it, this may be a drawback
- Plays up to 45 RPM records, so you cannot listen to your 78RPM records on this device
2. Crosley CR6232A-BR Nomad Portable USB Turntable
Best in class Portable turntable with a pack of features that are value for money.
If you are looking for an all-in one, easy to use record player, this is the best option for you.
It is compatible with Mac and windows equipped PC’s.
It has different features such as AUX, RCA ports, plays up to 78 RPM records, and this makes it is a versatile choice for a vinyl music enthusiast.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- It runs on the Belt-driven mechanism model, and is equipped with NP5 Needle.
- It has an RCA output, a headphone Jack and an Auxiliary input so that you can listen to music uninterrupted, by connecting different devices to it.
- It boasts 3 Plays speeds; 33 13, 45 to be precise. This means you will be able to regulate the player’s speed according to your preferences.
- Plays both 45 RPM to 78 RPM records; making it an ideal choice for playing any vinyl record that you want.
- It has a Wooden-style cabinet; which gives it a rustic feel; together with snap closure in chrome.
- Includes special software for suit for editing & ripping audios; making it possible for you to use it for different edit ventures.
- Price maybe slightly on the heavier side.
- Lacks tone control feature; this may be a problem sometimes.
3. Crosley CR704C-PA Musician Turntable
Add to the beauty and experience of your music listening, with this amazing, paprika colored vintage theme portable easy to use turntable.
This turntable hhas a belt driven mechanism which makes it a responsive and reliable gadget.
Our Rating: (4.1 / 5)
- Plays 3 Speeds – 33 1/3, 45; which means you can enjoy music at your own pace.
- Plays up to 78 RPM Records, which means you can listen to different types of vinyl records easily.
- Portable in nature and easy to use this turntable is one of the best in class.
- All MP3 and other audio devices supported, in order to play files of different formats.
- Includes a CD Player and Cassette Deck, so that you can listen to music on CD’s and cassette’s too.
- Doesn’t support WMA format discs, this is one drawback.
4. Crosley CR6230A-TU Snap Portable USB Turntable
This unique easy to use turntable with fold out speakers is one of the best additions you will make to your music player collection.
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Belt-driven turntable model , which makes the functioning smooth and dependable
- Plays 3 speeds: 33 1/3, 78, so you can choose the pace of your music on your own
- USB supportive of Windows PCs and Mac
- Special editing software for audio ripping and creating new MP3 files
- RCA output and headphone jack ready, Aux supportive system for maximum connectivity
- In-built foldable speakers, so you don’t need to attach additional speakers
- Plays only 45 rpm records, so you cannot listen to 78rpm records on this turntable
5. Crosley CR6233A-RE Dansette Bermuda Portable Turntable
Portable and easy to use Dansette Bermuda turntable is everything you could wish for and more!
Our Rating: (3.8 / 5)
- Portable and easy to use, this turntable has a simple mechanism and you can play music easily.
- Matching stand included, to complete the look and give it a stable place in the room.
- Aux and headphone supportive, so that you can link your turntable to the phone or personalize the listening with headphones.
- It has an NP5 needle for best functioning.
- In-built stereo speakers included, which means you don’t have to attach additional speakers
- Supports only 2 play speeds, which is a drawback as compared to the three play speed players
6. Crosley CR49-TA Traveler Turntable with Stereo Speakers and Adjustable Tone Control
Portable, easy to use, tan colored vinyl player to light up your living space, transporting you to an era of pure music and melody.
Our Rating: (3.5 / 5)
- Belt driven technology model, which makes it dependable and easy to function
- Plays three speeds 33-1/3, 45, so you can choose the pace at which you want your music to play
- Tan colored, vintage looking, stylish case, which gives it a stylish and rustic feel
- Tone control adjustment options, in order to customize the sound as much as required
- Audio flexibility options; includes diamond stylus needle
- Plays up to 78 rpm speeds, which means you can play any record of your choice on this turntable
- Aux and headphones not supported, so you can’t connect your external devices to this turntable
7. Crosley CR8005A-BL Cruiser Portable 3-Speed Turntable
If you are looking to mobilize your music, in the most functional and practical way, this is the turntable for you.
It has built in speakers and is easy to transport, due to being so lightweight!
It is one of the most popular Crosley designs, and is literally selling like hot cake, due to the durability, full pack of features as well as the pricing. Have a look at some of its good and bad qualities.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
- It runs on the Belt-driven mechanism model, and is equipped with NP5 Needle, making it an ideal choice, as it is easy to use
- Portability is one of the most unique factors of this turntable. It is extremely savvy to carry around hassle free.
- It also has Headphone &RCA jack outputs; which means you will be able to personalize you music experience further
- It boasts 3 Plays speeds; 33 13, 45 to be precise; which means you will be able to play your records, exactly as you want.
- Full range of in-built speakers; making it an independent music player, which means this could be your party-starter!
- Manual functioning return tone arm, so you can customize and make adjustments in your record player as and when required
- There is Occasional beat skipping, reported by some users
- Low volume built in speakers, which may be a problem
8. Crosley CR6019A-BK Executive Portable USB Turntable
Portable, USB enabled vintage themed turntable, takes you to yesteryear, while playing crystal clear vinyl music, with its 3 player speeds and portability factor, it will definitely remind you of simpler times, and enchant you with the best vinyl music, and will keep your love for one of the oldest forms of music playing alive. Have a look at some of the good and bad features of the turntable, before you choose to buy it.
Our Rating: (3.6 / 5)
- Belt-Driven turntable mechanism, making it dependable and responsive in function.
- 3-Speed play 33,1/3, 45, giving you a range of levels you can listen to your music on.
- Plays up to 78 RPM Records, so you can play any type of vinyl on it, without worrying about the compatibility.
- Headphone Jack, USB supported, making the turntable a contemporary and truly compatible option.
- Power AC adaptor included, for better connectivity and support.
- In-built stereo quality Speakers, making it an independent turntable, without the need for external speakers.
- Aux supportive, for music sharing, and listening to music from your phones.
- Needle latch, not very strong, and this may tend to be a hassle at times.
9. Crosley CR6234A-BT Dansette Junior Portable Turntable
With its 2 player speeds and portability factor, it will certainly remind you of good old classic times, and enrapture you with the best vinyl music.
It will definitely keep that spark of love for the old time music playing alive. Have a look at some of the good and bad features of the turntable, before you choose to buy it.
Our Rating: (3.1 / 5)
- Belt-Driven turntable mechanism, making it trustworthy and receptive in utility
- 2-Speed play 33, 1/3, and 45 RPM records, providing you with a range of levels to listen to your music on.
- Auxiliary ports available (both output & input), giving you an option to connect your phone and listen to your own music
- It has a Power AC adaptor included, that offers better usability and support
- In-built full range stereo quality speakers, without the need for external speakers which makes it an independent turntable.
- Needle latch, not very strong, and this may lead to some disturbances at times.
What are the basic points to consider when selecting an ideal portable turntable?
Choose between the direct drive and belt drive mechanism
In the direct drive model, the platter is directly placed on the shaft and this means there is no need of a belt for spinning the record. This also means little to no sound; becoming a hot favorite amongst DJ’s
The ‘belt drive’ model uses an elastic belt run by a side mounted motor. This acts like a shock absorber and helps in reducing the extra noise while the vinyl plays.
There are Crosley turntables available with or without in-built phono-preamp and you need to choose according to your requirements. Basically if you have a receiver without the phono input feature, you might want to choose a turntable that has one
Automatic or manual function
There are turntables which fully automatic function, where you simply need to put the vinyl and push a button, and the rest is taken care of. On the other hand, there are turntables where you manually have to lift the tonearm, adjust the record manually and manually shut it off when the playing ends.
A lot of turntables now have USB connectivity, which helps you connect it to your P.C./phone or convert your vinyls to CDs with ease. It also helps you organize your music better and quickly transfer files from one base to another
This is a vital part of the motor of the turntable and is basically a group of wires and magnets enclosed in a housing that is usually attached to the head of the tonearm. It usually comes in two basic types-the moving coil and moving magnet respectively!
The rotation speed is vital in vinyl records and you need to make sure that you select one with optimum speed range. Ideal playback speed range of playback is 33/1-3 with a total RPM capability of 45. So in case there is a 78RPM record, you might want to make sure that the stylus and cartridge is capable of handling wider grooves of these rare records.
Flutter and wow (variation of speed)
0.25% is usually the ideal level of speed, for the record-playing. If the speed wavers or is any higher than this, the listening experience can be majorly affected; the tone and the pitch might be altered. This is why you need to make sure that you select a Crosley Turntable that has optimum flutter speed.
Wondering how to change the needles on your Crosley turn tables? Have a look at the video below and learn instantly!