There are a wide variety of uses for a good pole saw– and some of the situations that you’ll need to use pole saws you could never use a chain saw. From around the house to across the yard, when you’re in a tight situation, want to do some simple yard work, or simply need to a saw a little further out there than you could before, purchase a pole saw! Some even combine power and distance, giving you a small chainsaw as well as a distance cutter.
Top 3 Best Pole Saw on the market
Even better, they’re electric, so you’re not worrying about having fuel or heavy parts over your head while you’re trying to work. Additionally, while some or cordless and others have batteries, you can take them almost anywhere you have power, and most have enough power to accomplish most of the tasks that designated “chainsaws” could. Additionally, most contain many of the same powerful motors, are easy to start, and very useful at getting the job done in any and all situations.
Because of this, sometimes pole saws can be literally all you need to finish the job- large or small, especially when you only need to trim a few branches or landscape troublesome trees. Most pole saw models expand between 10-20 feet, meaning that they’ll reach practically anything easily and effectively to solve practically any problem that you have- and some are completely powered by battery packs, giving you unlimited mobility.
Top 5 Pole Saw reviews
1. Remington RM1025SPS Ranger 8-Amp 10-inch
Our Rating: (4.2 / 5)
This two in one pole saw is perfect for practically anything with a ten inch bar and eight amp motor. You’ll be able to saw through small branches with ease, quickly and easily switching between functions to turn small branches into opportunities to use this powerful small chainsaw. What’s great about the Remington is the price- for less than $100 you’ll have all the power you need to get the job done right.
- Detachable to use however you want it
- Corded to provide unlimited electrical power
- Easy to use, with 15 feet of range
- Super comfortable and light
2. Black and Decker LPP120 20-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Pole Saw
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
With over 100 cuts per charge and multiple lengths that guarantee that you’ll be comfortable in any situation, this Black and Decker pole saw is great for a wide variety of applications. Use it whenever you need to prune smaller trees or shrubs, this lightweight, highly versatile pole saw will get the job done every time you need it. It only weighs in around 6.3 pounds, so it’s completely mobile, easy to disassemble and great for any job you might need. Additionally, it comes with a blade guard to make handling it even easier.
- Completely mobile and easy to use
- A wide variety of lengths to chose from- 6.5- 10 feet with a maximum reach of 14 feet
- Over 100 cuts per charge to get the job done with one battery
- High performance with an eight inch blade and a 2 year warranty
3. Husqvarna 128LDX 28cc 10-Inch
Our Rating: (4.3 / 5)
With a 28cc engine and nine feet of reach, this powerful, detachable pole saw is great for practically any application, and when you buy it online, it even comes with 3 containers of fuel and a four year warranty. If you don’t necessarily want an electric pole saw, the Husqvarna will finish practically any job you throw at it. Plus, it works with a wide variety of attachments: the hedge trimmer, the clean sweep device, even a cultivator to guarantee that everything gets done perfectly. Made in the USA to do it all, this pole saw is great in a bind.
- Very Versatile
- Easy to start and operate
- Only 10.8 pounds, and completely detachable for easy movement and storage
- Perfect for complete yard work, from hedges to gardens, weeds and more
4. GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion 8-Inch
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
With a three piece shaft to deliver unparalleled reach and operability, the GreenWorks G-MAX is perfect for anyone who really wants to get the job done with ease, with an 8 inch saw blade and chain, and a starting system that couldn’t be easier. Completely compatible with an entire line of tools- like a weed trimmer, hedge trimmer and more, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to get the job done right. You won’t wear out your arm, and the GreenWorks system is built to last for years to come.
- Easy trimming, right out of the box
- 8 feet of length- perfect to keep your arm steady
- Self-oiling with clear view of oil levels
- Battery powered to keep you on the go
5. Remington RM1015P Branch Wizard Plus
Our Rating: (4.4 / 5)
Another highly popular Remington model in the top five- for good reason too. The Branch Wizard is highly affordable, and plenty powerful, with a ten inch bar and chain, and ten full feet of range. The two in one chainsaw/ pole saw combo means that you’ll only need this product to do a wide range of activities outside, and everything is sturdily attached to guarantee safety in any situation. With a non-slip grip, quality materials and a low price, you really can’t go wrong.
- Highly affordable
- Fully versatile 8 amp saw that can be removed without tools
- Very comfortable for anyone to use
- Unbelievably low kickback, which is ideal for trimming applications
When you need to reach up high, and need a quality saw, look no further than the options above to find the perfect pole saw for practically any occasion. We know how important it is to you to find high quality tools and equipment, so we’ve only chosen the best- and we’re sure you’ll be happy with these models. What are you waiting for? Get out there and landscape to your heart’s content!