When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Cards Against Humanity is a party game which is played by players filling in blank statements.
It completely using phrases that are full of mature content, which are printed on the playing cards.
The questions come in black cards and the answers come in white cards. It is called the game for horrible people, and a few minutes playing it will make you want to become a horrible person.
The game is a development of the Apples to Apples card game, which was released some years before the Cards Against Humanity game.
From its release, it has been well received because of its simple theory that has been supported by the game’s humorous and very mature content.
Our rating: (4.9 / 5)
You can get the game as a free download, then you can print the cards. It is available online under the Creative Commons license BY-NC-SA. Look for the phrase, “crimes against humanity”, which is its title reference.
There is also the published hard copy version of the game that you can buy.
Its title basically means that the content is politically incorrect, which is what creates so much fun and excitement for the payers.
Also See: Best Quadcopter Reviews
Cards Against Humanity Expansion
The game comes as a base set, which has six separate expansions that are available commercially. You choose the kind of expansion you want to play depending on the features that you prefer.
Here are some of the best expansions that might interest you:
How to play Cards against Humanity
The cards against humanity rules are provided on The Cards Against Humanity website.
- To get started, sit all the players in a circle and allow each of them to draw ten White Cards.
- Choose a Card Czar. The Card Czar is the person who begins the game. Players can choose any person that they prefer using any criteria of their choice, maybe the youngest of them all or even the oldest in the group.
- Once chosen, the Czarcan start the game by playing a Back Card, which is the card with the question. Then he reads the question out loud. Sometimes the question comes in form of a statement that has a blank space that needs to be filled.
- Every participant answers the question or fills in the blank by passing on one White card to the Czar, with its face down. The Czar is supposed to pick one of the cards, which should be the funniest of them all in order to declare the winner.
- The Card Czar then shuffles all the cards he has received as answers and shares out the contents of the cards to the group of players. This is done loudly for everyone in the group to share in the joke. He can read the question before every answer he has received.
- The Czar will then pick the funniest response and the person who submitted that card receives a point, an Awesome Point. This marks the end of one round of play. Sometimes the players come in to help choose the funniest response to decide on he winner.
- On the second round, the group can choose a different Card Czar and the game will begin with the players picking up another round of White card to ensure that everyone has ten White Cards in every round.
- Sometimes the winner in the first round will become the Czar in the next round to make it easier for the players to choose a Czar for every round that they play. Good thing is that the rules of the game are very flexible, therefore anything that works for all the players is acceptable.
- To become the overall winner, you must try as much as possible to accumulate the most Awesome Points. Once the White Cards are over, the game comes to an end.
Also See: Best Kids Trampoline Reviews
Cards Against Humanity rules
There are just a few basic rules to the Cards Against Humanity game:
- The pick 2 cards: there are those cards that say pick 2 at the bottom. With these cards, every payer will be required to draw two White cards in a good order to answer the question or to fill in the blank on the card. The order here matters because it will determine the flow of the response that the players are providing to the question they are answering. If the card in this case has some missing connections, paper clips can be used to secure the cards together in the right order to complete the set.
- Gambling is allowed in the game. If a player has more than one card and he thinks that he can win, he is allowed to gamble one of his Awesome Points in order to play an extra card. If you lose, you lose the point to the person who wins that round but if you win, you retain your point and win another one.
The Cards Against Humanity house rules:
Players can revise the game as much as they want in order to make it more exciting. Some of the things that are allowed in the game are:
- A happy ending: this is incorporated towards the end of the game. Players can play a Make a Haiku on a Black Card to mark a good end of a good game. The card is then reserved for the end. These Haikus do not have to follow any set form as long as they can be read dramatically.
- Packing Heat: this entails being allowed to draw an extra card before they play their hands in order to open up more options.
- Rebooting the universe: this entails returning as many White Cards to the game as one wants, this is done through trading one’s Awesome Points.
- A random player: including random player in every game can be very exciting. In every round, players can agree to pick an extra random White Card for an extra player. If by any chance the random player wins the game then the entire group will go home in total shame.
- Playing without a Czar Card, often called God is Dead. Players can agree to play without the Czar card and every payer picks their favorite card every round. The card which will receive the most votes will be the winning card and the owner of the card will receive an Awesome Point.
- The serious business rule: this is played without the payers picking their favorite card as it is the norm. The Czar card here will be used to rank the best in order. The top 3 will get 3 Awesome Points, the second best will get 2 Awesome Points and the third gets 1 Awesome point. At the end of the game, the player with most points is declared the funniest and the best in the game.
- The survival for the fittest: once everyone has answered the question presented, players can agree to eliminate the cards one by one. The one that will remain will be declared the funniest of them all.
- The Never Have I Ever Rule: with this rule, a player is allowed to discard a card whose message he does not understand. However, he has to declare his ignorance to other players and through this, he can suffer humiliation.
Where to buy Cards Against Humanity
Card against Humanity was released in May 2011 and a month after its release, it was announced as the best game in Amazon.com. The best place to buy Cards Against Humanity is on Amazon. Click the link below to buy it !
Play cards against humanity online
With the popularity it has received since its launching, a lot of websites have come up in order to offer people a chance to play their favorite game online, without the need to buy the game. Cards Against Humanity game is so far the most popular funny free game you will get across the glove today.
It doesn’t have an official online version at the moment for those players thatare not interested in the cards against humanity for sale. However, because it has already been registered under Creative Commons, there are creative people who have come up with well-designed online forms of the game. They are perfect and can be played easily just like the original game itself. The only problems that players and experience when playing the game online are the occasional viruses which can make the game rough and hard to enjoy.Such sites are for instance Pyz.socialgamer.net, Cardtrocity and Decks Against Society.
Online players should note that most of these sites might have issues here and there, for instance some of them may lack some of the cards that are available in the expansion packs. This is because they are not the original versions of the game, therefore you can expect some issue which may not be resolved as fast as you would want them to be.
However, you can still play and enjoy the game online if you are not able to get another version of the game.
Cards Against Humanity is a party game that is meant for horrible people. It is not the same as other party games though, because it is awkward, weird and above all more fun than any other game that you have played in the past. It is so far the most popular party game that could interest you and your friends.
The game is supposed to be played by persons at the age of 17 and above, therefore younger players should look for alternative games if they want to enjoy some fun in a similar game. This is in fact not the kind of game that you play with your children, or your folks or even much older people; it can be exciting if all the players are adult people under the same age bracket or a few years younger or older.
To buy cards against humanity, check the game out in Amazon.com. A good collection of Card Against Humanity is sold in Amazon.com. You should be able to directly get the game together with all its expansion sets and also the special editions at a very affordable price.The game is also available as a download as a print and play game.
Many people who have played Card Against Humanity are not able to stop playing it. This should be a good reason for you to start playing if you have not started yet.