When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
The carpet cleaner market has grown significantly and today there is a vacuum cleaner that matches every requirement. The Upright Carpet Cleaner is still one of the most popular types, and research will reveal each model’s unique features and details.
Upright vacuums are a popular choice for those who prefer not to be constantly bending over a lot and the mere press on a foot lever will alter the angle of the cleaner and provide even more maneuverability.
For pet owners who suffer with allergies, this vacuum has certification from the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, which confirms its excellence at sucking in particles which would normally make you sick.
Our Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Ideal Vacuum for Pet Owners
With an upright carpet cleaner you will need to choose between models that collects dust in a bag or in a bin and also look at the possibility of a model that transitions between a carpet and a wood floor. The cleaner has a 4.6 star rating out of 5 and that it is priced at $500.46. The machines are made for tough conditions and the Dyson DC65 is made from polycarbonate ABS to withstand a lifetime of hard use.
Features of Dyson DC65
- Warranty: 5 years on parts and labor
- Filter – lifetime washable post filter
- In the box: a crevice and stair tool, product registration card, operating manual and quick start guide
- Radial root system
- Tangle-free turbine tool which removes pet hair and dirt from upholstery. Counter rotating heads with brushes remove pet hair from carpets and upholstery straight into the bin
- Radial Root Cyclone technology – airflows help remove additional dirt and allergens from the air and a self adjustable cleaner head seals in suction whether on carpets or hard floors
- A brush bar that provides more power to bristles that are driven deeper into carpets to remove ingrained dirt
- Self-adjusting cleaner head – unlike other cleaners where cleaner heads need to be adjusted for different floor types, this isn’t so with the Dyson DC65. This vacuum has an active base-plate that self-adjusts to every kind of floor type, maintain close contact with the floor
- The wand and hose are released in one smooth action
- Cord length – 35 feet
- The latest ball technology – easy steering into difficult places in crevices and in and around furniture
- Quick and hygienic emptying of bin – the mere flick of a button releases the dirt and the bin is see-through so you know exactly when it requires emptying;
- Bin capacity – 0.55 gallons
- Soft brush for dusting with fine bristles made from nylon that removes dust carefully without scratches;
- Zorb carpet maintenance powder included
There are some customers who didn’t like about this machine except a few complaints about there not being place on the vacuum for the tools.
Another problem with the product is that its completely made of plastic and that makes it a little bit low in terms of durability. There are areas where firm support is needed an d should be made of a metal rather than plastic in order to ensure durability and long lasting function.
Few customers have complains about the wand and hose shape and usage. It been said that the machine does not work to clean places like under the sofa or any furniture that has low orientation.
You can always contact Dyson experts for advice, whether by live chat, email, Twitter or Facebook. Want a vacuum that will make keeping pets a pleasure all around? Look no further than this vacuum which is committed to removing every trace of pet hair and dirt.