When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
1. How do we define blisters?
We have all experienced and suffered from the pain of blisters at some point of time. Blisters are small bubbles which are painful and can either be formed on the feet because of new shoes or on the face, in the region around the mouth because of cold sores and fevers. In medical terms they are referred to as Oral Herpes and are contagious by nature, causing embarrassment as they neither can be covered nor hidden. Caused by the HSV-1 virus, these blisters are more than often incurable and recurrent.
2. Remedies for fever blisters
In spite of knowing that these are incurable, we contemplate on how to get rid of fever blisters. You need not worry as they gradually disappear but as long as they are visible on the face, they are very annoying and distressing. As such, there are no proven remedies except for some medicated cream that your doctor can advise in order to get rid of them.
3. Precautions for fever blisters
Rather than worrying on how to get rid of fever blisters why do we not avoid getting them. The best prevention would be by building up a strong immune system which can be done by following a strict diet which has sufficient amount of fibers and vitamins. Fever blisters are like parasites which recur frequently and do not seem to go away so even before you are infected by this virus, it is best to keep yourself protected and be on guard against the HSV-1.
4. Stages of fever blisters
There are three stages of fever blisters. The early stage is called prodrome, then comes the middle stage which is referred to as the weeping stage and finally the last stage which is the healing stage.
During the prodrome stage, symptoms like itching, burning and tingling sensations occur whereas in the weeping stage, the blister breaks open, weeps out fluid and then dries and finally comes the healing stage where a red spot is seen which generally disappears in a fortnight.
In the prodrome stage, the blister is active but it is the weeping stage when the blister bursts and releases a fluid containing millions of virus particles with the ability to infect other nerve cells that is the contagious stage. It is during this time that one needs to be careful and avoid body contact with a person suffering as that can be fatal and highly contagious. The final stage is when the red spot fades away but even then one has to be cautious and maintain personal hygiene.
5. Healing of a fever blister
- A good intake of vitamins and supplements is the fastest and best way to heal fever blisters. Leading companies like Amway, Herbalife, etc are into the production of nutritious supplements, their primary concern being the building up of a strong immunity system in a fast-paced world where the youth and the old alike are skipping breakfast and mid-day meals because of time constraint and work load. These supplements are a substitute meal and can work well in preventing colds and coughs to those who are prone to it.
There are many home made products useful in healing fever blisters which can appear also during menstruation adding to the pain of the fever blister which is already there.
- Cutting down on the intake of food item like nuts, grains, peas, oatmeal and chocolates can also be helpful.
- It has also been noted that aloe plant juice rubbed on a fever blister area can be very soothing because aloe has the potential of healing a blister and capturing its growth.
- Ice applied on a fever blister and corn starch paste can also be comforting.
- Vaseline being a good moisturizer can even help in healing a fever blister because of its comforting quality.
- Witch Hazel is also found to be effective in reducing fever blisters so you need not worry much about how to get rid of fever blisters as the choices are many.
- If you have nothing at hand, you can always get hold of your toothpaste tube and apply it on the fever blister after having cleaned the infected are with an anti-bacterial solution or anything which contains alcohol.
Fever blisters may be embarrassing, annoying and irritating but there are enough remedies to help you get rid of them.