When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Sunburn is the worst nightmare of summertime that drives millions of people to cover up. However, it is the problem of all year – round due to Ultra light influence. Once you are spotted with UV light, it drives up the production of melanin, which is the dark pigment in the top layer of your skin (the epidermis) that leaves your skin dark colour, and also determines how tan you can get. To protect your body against ultra light, it is recommended that you level up melanin level.
1. Potato Paste – How to Get Rid of Sunburn Naturally
If you’ve found yourself with searing hot red skin, it’s high time that you gone for some treatment and potato paste is a perfect choice. Potatoes have long been known for as a effective pain reliever for ages. It works especially effective in reducing skin irritation and redness and swelling areas. Some people might feel it more comfortable and convenient to use potatoes juice, the other think it work best with slices.
You go find yourself the most effective way by trying both and see how it work on your skin.
2. Mint & Tea – How to Get Rid of Sunburn Naturally
Mint has natural cooling and soothing benefits for almost inflammation and sunburns are no exception. It has high concentration of tannic acid and theobromine that help relieve pain and heal damaged skin when applied topically.
- Crush one handful of fresh mint leaves.
- Fill the cup with water and boil for a while.
- Wait for the solution to cool down and apply all over affected areas.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes then wash off with water.
- Apply on daily basis once you find satisfied result.
3. Oatmeal and Buttermilk – How to Get Rid of Sunburn Naturally
Oatmeal is wonderful weight loss agent, but it is also a great in exfoliating skin as well. Using oatmeal can give quick and easy relief to your sun tan in just short period of time. Buttermilk can sooth and heal affected skin cells. Both ingredients will act as a natural scrub that can effectively exfoliate dead skin cells.
How to apply:
- Have few teaspoons oatmeal mixed with butter milk.
- Add small amount of water into the mixture.
- Gently apply over affected skin areas.
- Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Repeat daily until you find satisfied result.
4. Potato and Lemon Juice Face Pack:
As mention before, potato is great in whitening your skin. lemon juice has great source of acid, which can remove dead skin cells. The two will make excellent match to deal with the problem of suntan.
5. Sandal Wood and Coconut Water Pack
Thanks to its medicinal qualities, sandalwood has been used to apply on skin for ages. The thing you should make use of is Sandalwood powder or paste to naturally exfoliate and soothe skin irritation. It also acts as a soothing balm and helps heal blemishes and blisters. Besides, this ingredient is also among beneficial home remedies for wrinkles.
6. Aloe Vera – How to Get Rid of Sunburn Naturally
Another alternative you should go for is aloe vera since it has valuable soothing qualities to your skin. The trick with aloe vera is super simple as you only need to apply the gel all over affected skin areas on daily basis until you find satisfied result.
7. Cold Water – How to Get Rid of Sunburn Naturally
The simplest way to calm redness and sooth irritation triggered by suntan is using cold water.
How to apply:
- Soak your body into a bathtub of cold water.
- Use mild soap to massage your entire body.
- Wash off with water after that and of course cold water is preferred.